PlayMaker News > PlayMaker Announcements

Unity 5.6 Beta Patch

<< < (2/11) > >>

Headtrip:
me too, hopefully we hear something soon!

brucezhu2018:

--- Quote from: kdsh7 on February 21, 2017, 04:39:44 PM ---Having some serious issues with Unity5.6b9 which we're being forced to use because of the Daydream support.

Our playmaker globals aren't loading, the inspector when on the resources/playmakerglobals asset has 'The associated script can not be loaded'. Have tried the attached package which doesn't help.

Any tips on what we can do to fix this? Readding all our globals is going to take a while..

--- End quote ---
I have the same  issue too  in  5.6b9, I  hope  it can  be  solved  soon....

kdsh7:
ok, I'm working my way through a fix - I'll let you guys know where I am in case you're like me and you have tight deadlines to meet.

Make a copy of your playmaker globals file (Assets/Playmaker/Resources) - preferably from GIT pre 5.6 update.

So go to your playmaker globals file, and click on the 'playmakerglobals' (Assets/Playmaker/Resources) script in the inspector. It should show you which script the globals object is using in your project window. In my case it was pointing to the Playmaker.dll in Plugins/Playmaker/WP8 - obviously the wrong one! Set it to the right one in Plugins/Playmaker.

Then finally, if your globals object hasn't updated, open the asset in a text editor like sublimetext, open your backed up copy, and copy/paste all the variables at the end of it into the current file.

Headtrip:
Hi,
I tried this but cannot see any info on assigning the proper dll when I select the globals object. I see a spot for health manager...
" It should show you which script the globals object is using in your project window. " 
maybe I don't understand where to source the globals file from, I copied it from a pre 5.6 project. opening this file just shows binary numbers... maybe im out of my league here hehe

kdsh7:
Headtrip, you need to click on the panel menu (that little 3 line burger icon next to the padlock on the inspector) and choose 'debug' rather than 'normal' right at the top.

Then it will show you what script that object is using, and you can swap it out.

But far more pressing, is the fact that the new update breaks all FSMs. So even if you can restore globals all your logic breaks. Which renders this a bit of a moot exercise. Do we have any idea when a fix might be forthcoming, a fix that can successfully upgrade our FSMs? As you can imagine this is pretty serious for any projects for which 5.6 will become mandatory.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version