playMaker

Author Topic: PlayMaker disappeared from Main Menu and GUI  (Read 5683 times)

VPsych

• Playmaker Newbie
PlayMaker disappeared from Main Menu and GUI
« on: January 14, 2017, 02:53:08 PM »
Help! I imported Inventory Pro and it reset my Unity layout as part of the asset installation. After I loaded Unity again PlayMaker has disappeared and I can't get the Welcome Screen or any of PlayMaker's functions working. For example, all the Array List Proxies say "the associated script can not be loaded. Please fix any compile errors and assign a valid script". The Welcome Screen no longer shows. And PlayMaker also doesn't show up in the Main Menu toolbar.

I've tried re-importing the package but it says it's already installed. How can I fix this? And will I lose all my work (scripts, set-up FSMs, Arrays, etc..?). Hopefully not.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 02:56:55 PM by VPsych »

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
Re: PlayMaker disappeared from Main Menu and GUI
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 03:52:21 AM »
I posted a similar question few weeks ago - nobody answered. In the end i had to reimport everything, and guess what - all the references were gone.
Available for Playmaker work

Chizzler

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 04:25:21 AM »
@krmko

Did you follow the steps given in the Troubleshooting guide?
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W624

I had a similar issue a few days ago after importing Datamaker and due to being unable to replicate it on a clean installation, realised it'd be difficult for anyone to provide assistance and took matters into my own hands.

Fortunately, following the troubleshooting guide I was able to reinstall Playmaker and I didn't lose any data... I also learnt the value of creating a backup before importing any new assets into my projects (as is recommended).

Obviously I can't guarantee your Playmaker data is safe, so make a backup before reinstalling (It might seem a bit late once Playmaker is broken, but remember that data likely still exists, you just can't access it).

Someone might be able to provide a solution for you, but in the meantime you can try reinstalling safe in the knowledge that if it doesn't work, you've got a backup of your project before you uninstalled playmaker.

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 03:12:00 PM »
@Chizzler

That was the first thing i've tried, and guess what? I've got the infamous hierarchy window fuck up that means you have to make a new project. Luckily, i make my backups daily and i managed to find my way around, but as i said, all of the references (250+) were needed to be re-referenced.

From that moment on, i definitely look at playmaker only as prototyping tool. Make something work, then do it in code and delete an FSM.
Available for Playmaker work

4ppleseed

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 04:58:52 PM »
I get this from time to time - you have to fix any errors (not relating to Playmaker) in the console - then save, reload Unity and Playmaker will reappear.

phannDOTde

• Peter Hann .de
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 12:39:58 PM »
If you have any conflicts in the console Unity doesn't load all 3rd party files - including Playmaker.

Inventory Pro has currently an conflict with PM "RequiredAttribute.cs".