playMaker

Author Topic: UnityLearn SpaceShooter Ported 100% to PlayMaker [FEBRUARY 2017]  (Read 3936 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
UnityLearn SpaceShooter Ported 100% to PlayMaker [FEBRUARY 2017]
« on: February 09, 2017, 03:00:15 AM »
Hi Everyone,

So, I have finished to port the great UnityLearn SpaceShooter project to PlayMaker, not a single line of code for the exact same gameplay.

It's on github for the one who want to clone it quick.

I haven't fully documented everything, so please don't hesitate to dive into this, check out all the Fsm and ask questions where you don't get how it works.

The most difficult fsm being the ennemy evasive routine, which can be definitly simplified but I wanted to do a one to one port, so it's for intermediate levels. The rest is totally fine for beginners to dive in and advanced users to check it out and comments on how it could be done better or differently.

Also I produce webgl builds, one with PlayMaker and the original one so that you can compare perfs, and it's very positive,:

only 1Mb more for the build size, 0.5Mb more memory allocated and 1-2 FPS drop. I say this is pretty amazing knowing how totally different the development approach is compared to scripting. Fair enough I know most of the pitfalls... :) so I encourage you to actually start a new project with the raw SpaceShooter, and start by redoing the asteroid, the background scrolling, the player spaceship, the ennemies, etc etc and whe you are stuck, look it up on this port and then go back and try to progress this way.

Bye,

Jean
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 12:37:59 AM by jeanfabre »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: UnityLearn SpaceShooter Ported 100% to PlayMaker [FEBRUARY 2017]
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 11:15:55 AM »
[FEBRUARY 2107]

WOW! Did you send this from the future?  ;)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 12:38:23 AM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 12:40:53 AM »
 ::)

Man, you can tell I am slightly dislexic with this... :)

Bye,

Jean

HeathClose

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 10:03:17 PM »
This is awesome, but I'm a little confused.. i don't see any fsm's anywhere... I'm really needing to know how to scroll a background but I see there is a script on there...not an fsm...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 01:01:15 AM »
Hi,

how did you install this? via the dedicated package or did you clone the github rep

the github rep has all scenes, including the fully scripted ones. the PlayMaker scene is within "PlayMaker Custom Samples/SpaceShooter UnityLearn"

Do you have this?

Bye,

Jean

HeathClose

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 08:34:11 AM »
ahhh..ok, now I see it... thank you... I'll poke around...

HeathClose

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 06:11:27 PM »
So I saved your scrolling background fsm as a template, and tried to import it into mine.. but it has a missing action... the float repeat... so I went to the ecosystem to download float repeat.. and now playmaker won't show up.. and i get this...

HeathClose

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 07:10:43 PM »
yah.. i've tried twice now.. deleted everything playmaker, reinstalled playmaker, tried to import float repeat... got that error, now when I restat.. playmaker has disappeared... gonna have to delete everything, reinstall... and NOT try to get float repeat..

marv

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 08:04:42 PM »
Delete only the Action/Script throwing the error. Once the compiler errors have been resolved your Playmaker should show up again.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 01:52:15 AM »
Hi,

there is a consistency problem that the folder __internal is sometimes __Internal with a capital i, try to change this

also, it happens that when downloading from the Ecosystem sometime the file comes empty so check the content of the file if it's empty try again to update the action from the ecosystem, it's something that is rare but I had it on few occasions and I am not sure how to fix it yet.

Bye,

Jean