playMaker

Author Topic: MonoSQLite SQLite for Unity  (Read 53811 times)

bioduds

• Playmaker Newbie
MonoSQLite SQLite for Unity
« on: April 21, 2012, 10:52:15 AM »
We have developed a SQLite solution for Unity3D, it is already available at the Asset Store (http://u3d.as/content/mono-sapiens-ltda/mono-sqlite/2Qw) and we noticed that Playmaker does not have actions to interact with SQLite. We are very interested in, perhaps, build a Database Category for Playmaker using our asset if it is interesting to you, guys. Please contact us: mono@monosapiens.com.br

Att,
Eduardo Capanema
Systems Engineering
Mono Sapiens

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: MonoSQLite SQLite for Unity
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 08:54:36 AM »
Hi,

Totally interested, have emailed you.

Bye,

Jean

bioduds

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 09:20:19 AM »
Dear Jean,

We thank you very much for your interest but we have just finished writing the code ourselves. Please, take a chance to look for it in a near future in our asset or in playmaker itself.

att,
Eduardo Capanema
MonoSQLite Programmer
Systems Engineering
Mono Sapiens

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 09:31:16 AM »
Hi,

Will definitely check it out!

Bye,

Jean

bioduds

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 09:51:57 AM »
Thank you, Jean. You're very welcome!  :D

If we didn't have it yet done, we would definitely have you working in this.

See you...

Amy

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 04:03:46 PM »
So would this allow me to create my own inventory or ability/skill system?

bioduds

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 04:16:52 PM »
Hey Amy,

Absolutely, and with many advantages. For instance, your game will run on better memory management system, you will find it much easier to store, create, modify and use all the items in your inventory as well as putting all abilities and skills in table format to make it much easier. Using MonoSQLite will surely increase dramatically your persistency options during the whole game. I risk saying no great game let's a database system out of the chart.

Please, look for MonoSQLite in the Asset Store inside Unity3D or check the asset at: http://u3d.as/content/mono-sapiens-ltda/mono-sqlite/2Qw

Amy

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 12:30:00 AM »
Hey Amy,

Absolutely, and with many advantages. For instance, your game will run on better memory management system, you will find it much easier to store, create, modify and use all the items in your inventory as well as putting all abilities and skills in table format to make it much easier. Using MonoSQLite will surely increase dramatically your persistency options during the whole game. I risk saying no great game let's a database system out of the chart.

Please, look for MonoSQLite in the Asset Store inside Unity3D or check the asset at: http://u3d.as/content/mono-sapiens-ltda/mono-sqlite/2Qw

Cool! So when will the playMaker plugins be done?

amaranth

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 01:01:25 AM »
Count me in as an interested party!

bioduds

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 02:08:49 PM »
Amy, we have submitted the plugin today. It must be reviewed by the Unity3D Asset Store Team and will be published just after that. It should be already available by this weekend.

Thanks! We'll be proud to see it up and running.

bioduds

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 02:10:19 PM »
Count me in as an interested party!

Great!!! Will be up very soon!

Amy

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 03:54:30 PM »
Amy, we have submitted the plugin today. It must be reviewed by the Unity3D Asset Store Team and will be published just after that. It should be already available by this weekend.

Ohh so you're selling an entire new playMaker asset? Cool! Can you tell us more about it?

bioduds

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 04:29:36 PM »

Ohh so you're selling an entire new playMaker asset? Cool! Can you tell us more about it?

Exactly, let me tell you precisely what it is. We have developed an Asset called MonoSQLite which allows connection to SQLite databases in Unity (http://u3d.as/content/mono-sapiens-ltda/mono-sqlite/2Qw). Then, we have developed an Extension Bundle for Playmaker that uses a new category like the screenshot below:

So, if you have Playmaker and MonoSQLite, then you have the Extension. OK?  ;)

Att,
Eduardo Capanema
Mono Sapiens
www.monosapiens.com.br
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:39:44 PM by bioduds »

Amy

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 09:20:58 PM »

Exactly, let me tell you precisely what it is. We have developed an Asset called MonoSQLite which allows connection to SQLite databases in Unity (http://u3d.as/content/mono-sapiens-ltda/mono-sqlite/2Qw). Then, we have developed an Extension Bundle for Playmaker that uses a new category like the screenshot below:

So, if you have Playmaker and MonoSQLite, then you have the Extension. OK?  ;)

Att,
Eduardo Capanema
Mono Sapiens
www.monosapiens.com.br

So...I can't code, I know nothing about databases. Will I be able to do everything without learning too much more?

bioduds

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 10:10:29 PM »
Can you use playmaker, Amy? If you do, you can implement a database system with MonoSQLite and Playmaker. I'll be happy to guide you through the process. We are finishing opening our forum where you'll be able to post all your questions and I'll be happy to answer to all of them. Please, send me an email: mono@monosapiens.com.br and I'll start leading your way into MonoSQLite with Playmaker.

att,
eduardo