playMaker

Author Topic: MonoSQLite SQLite for Unity  (Read 53829 times)

Vermz

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: MonoSQLite SQLite for Unity
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2012, 03:39:40 AM »
Greetings, new purchaser of MonoSQL as well here. Just curious if you can help me understand why its not adding the MonoSQL actions to playmaker? The extension is visible in the MonoSQL folder, and I haven't extracted it like you've said. So I dont have any clue as to how to get these options to appear under Misc

bioduds

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2012, 08:51:31 AM »
Hello, dear friend. Thanks for using MonoSQLite.

If you have Playmaker, you must unpack the playmaker extension inside MonoSQLite folder. Then, you'll see the MonoSQLite Category in the Playmaker Actions.

Please, tell me if this does it.

Att,
Eduardo

Vermz

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2012, 11:20:17 AM »
That worked thanks!  ;D

jsking74

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2012, 09:42:37 PM »
I purchased monosqlite to use with playmaker.  I am trying query a table and get multiple rows back.  I see that the action you provided will allow for a result with a single value returned.  But I see no way to return a result set.   

For instance, I can do this:
Select row1 from table_1 where primary_key = "foo";

But I cannot do this:
select row_1, row_2, row_3 from table_1 where row_1 like "foo";

The playmaker actions you provide are good for very very basic things, but without the ability to get a result set greater that a single value from a query the playmaker integration is not really that useful.

There is a free plugin for playmaker called arraymaker.  Perhaps you could conact the developer to see about using some of his code to provide an array of arrays for the result.

bioduds

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2012, 09:47:48 PM »
I purchased monosqlite to use with playmaker.  I am trying query a table and get multiple rows back.  I see that the action you provided will allow for a result with a single value returned.  But I see no way to return a result set.  

For instance, I can do this:
Select row1 from table_1 where primary_key = "foo";

But I cannot do this:
select row_1, row_2, row_3 from table_1 where row_1 like "foo";

The playmaker actions you provide are good for very very basic things, but without the ability to get a result set greater that a single value from a query the playmaker integration is not really that useful.

There is a free plugin for playmaker called arraymaker.  Perhaps you could conact the developer to see about using some of his code to provide an array of arrays for the result.

Hello jsking,

You are right. But tell me, Playmaker itself did not implement arrays, how would we be able to do such a thing. I will immediately contact the developer you're speaking about [or get the free plugin you're refering to] and get arrays done in Playmaker if it is possible. I'm also in contact with the Playmaker developer itself and I'm sure he will point to the right path here.

Meanwhile, I can help putting up your arrays to work with code bridges Playmaker allows so you can get your work done and we can both be satisfied. What do you say? Please, contact me in mono@monosapiens.com.br [Eduardo is my name.]
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 09:51:26 PM by bioduds »

jsking74

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2012, 10:07:21 PM »
First, let me thank you for your very quick response.  Support is  huge when buying software and I find your rapid response encouraging.

Here is a link to the arraymaker plugin.  It works well and fills a needed hole in playmaker. http://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W715

Pairing this functionality with your monosqlite plugin would be HUGE.

I am not bashing MonoSQLite by any means, it is very useful, and with code I can get it to do what I want, I was just making a point that its playmaker integration is limited.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 10:09:20 PM by jsking74 »

bioduds

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2012, 10:13:15 PM »
Great, jsking!

We think the same way about support! I'm engaged in providing the best support of the Asset Store! I can assure you that every single possible wish a MonoSQLite user has asked me to implement has been done, so far. And I assure you, it won't be different with you, my friend! (Oh, I've also made some very nice friends along the way! lol)

Please, if you find the time, also register in our FORUM http://www.monosapiens.com.br/blog/forum so you can get more info and also hear about our news!

Tx, man.

jsking74

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2012, 10:18:28 PM »
Sounds good man, and thanks again for the quick response.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2012, 02:48:30 AM »
Hi,

I am willing to port monosqlite to arrayMaker, but I haven't got a license yet, so if anyone is willing to offer me the monosqlite license, then I'll port monosqlite so that results can be injected in arrayMaker.

bye,

Jean

bioduds

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2012, 08:56:12 AM »
Hi,

I am willing to port monosqlite to arrayMaker, but I haven't got a license yet, so if anyone is willing to offer me the monosqlite license, then I'll port monosqlite so that results can be injected in arrayMaker.

bye,

Jean

Sounds like a great idea, Jean Fabre. I've been very, very busy finishing NGUI extension and WEB Support for MonoSQLite so this might be come at hand. Also, I've already looked at your arrayMaker and you are definitely very skilled. Please, contact me in mono@monosapiens.com.br so we can discuss everything privately.

jsking, looks like this will make your wish come true.

att,
Eduardo

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2012, 09:52:17 AM »
Hi,

Excellent :)

I am busy too, I have to finish touch.input port and it's taking more time that I anticipated, and I have few other things to build for the community then, like ragePixel actions, TargetPro, Hotween etc etc, so yes... not for tomorrow I am afraid, but something I'd like to get started asap as database is very much needed, I rolled my own system until now, but using monosqlite is better because properly supported.

bye,

Jean

bioduds

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2012, 09:54:18 AM »
Sure, but please, contact me on the email above.

att,
e

bioduds

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2012, 12:26:45 AM »
Sounds good man, and thanks again for the quick response.

Hey jsking,

We have contacted Mr. Jean Fabre who wrote assetMaker and we came up with an agreement to have it fully integrated into MonoSQLite. He said he'll have it working before the Unite Conference begins! Does it meet your expectations? Please, let us know!

Att,
Eduardo Capanema
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 12:29:38 AM by bioduds »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2012, 02:37:55 AM »
Hi,

yes, just to confirm that I have a now a license for monosqlite, and I will work on a series of arrayMaker actions to work with monosqlite. Hopefully I will be able to do it before end of august tho.

Thanks to MonoSqlite team for making this happen!

bye,

Jean

bioduds

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2012, 02:40:08 AM »
Hi,

yes, just to confirm that I have a now a license for monosqlite, and I will work on a series of arrayMaker actions to work with monosqlite. Hopefully I will be able to do it before end of august tho.

Thanks to MonoSqlite team for making this happen!

bye,

Jean

Dear Jean Fabre, I've seen your arrayMaker code and you should thank yourself for being such a greatly skilled programmer! Welcome to the team!