playMaker

Author Topic: Basic question about AnimateFloat[SOLVED]  (Read 1138 times)

greyhoundgames

• Playmaker Newbie
Basic question about AnimateFloat[SOLVED]
« on: February 13, 2017, 01:21:07 PM »
I am trying to do some tweening using uGui and I have figured out that I can use a RectTransformSetAnchorRectPosition combined with a AnimateFloat or AnimateFloatV2 to get the result I want. However I seem to be missing something because all these animates are not normalized.

If I want to animate something to a standard curve, unless I want to animate from 0 to 1 over exactly 1 second I have to edit the curve.

This means I have to have tons of animation curves for all my animations that are hand made to look exactly the same with different start and end points and duration.

How do I just have 1 curve and then set a start and end value and a duration? It seems like this was half way accomplished with AnimateFloat V2 when the time field was added.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 01:54:22 AM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Basic question about AnimateFloat
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 01:56:36 AM »
Hi,

for this, you make one curve that starts at 0 and end at 1.

then you multiply the result of the curve animation to range from 0 to x, x being your multiplier. Else you can use "FloatRemap" on the Ecosystem for a more complex mapping of the value.

So this is a two step thing, animate your normalized curve and then stretch it's range before using it to control your targeted Property.

Hopefully I understood properly your issue, else let me know :)

Bye,

Jean

greyhoundgames

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Basic question about AnimateFloat
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 11:14:15 AM »
Thanks! I didn't notice this Calculation box with the multiply option.