playMaker

Author Topic: Difference between "Send Event: Broadcast All" and " RPC Broadcast"?  (Read 1869 times)

Krillan87

• Beta Group
Hi,

There is a fundamental thing regarding multiplayer that I kinda lack understanding about and I would hope that maybe someone can explain it for me.

So, in short I wonder what is the difference between "Send Event: Broadcast All" and "Photon View RPC Broadcast Fsm Event"?

I assumed that the "send event: Broadcast all" only was local on the computers while the RPC broadcast was sent over the network and effected/reached all clients on the network. but this seems to be wrong?

Right now as soon as a player is instantiated into the scene the player is broadcasting that it has been instantiated and interested FSM react accordingly. The problem is when another player is instantiated he sends the same broadcast and everything get's fucked up.

So, what is the difference between the two broadcasts?

Thanks,
Christian

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Difference between "Send Event: Broadcast All" and " RPC Broadcast"?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 02:40:23 AM »
Hi,

Good question :)

Send Event: BroadcastAll is local only, that is only the fsm running on this computer will be able to catch it.

but with photon, how can you broadcast a global event to other players? enters RPC broadcast, it sends over photon network the global event to broadcast to other players.

Does that make sense?

Bye,

Jean