playMaker

Author Topic: HashTable ends at 10 items  (Read 1622 times)

• Playmaker Newbie
HashTable ends at 10 items
« on: March 15, 2017, 04:56:18 AM »
Hi!

I'm working with ArrayMaker/hashtables for the first time. In the project I want to add gameobjects according to letters on it (cubes, like scrabble pieces), the letters are also used as the Reference of the hash table.

So I end up with 27 hash tables on one gameobject. Doesn't seem to be a problem, according to Jean in other posts. But the hash tables stop taking in data after something between 9 or 12 items. I use hash table add.

Does anyone know the problem or am I missing something obvious (as I tend to do ;)?

Thanks for any kind of help!

J.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: HashTable ends at 10 items
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 08:25:31 AM »
Hi,

there is a paging system inside the inspector, you need to modify the "start Index" to navigate and "Max rows" to define how much you see in the inspector.

Bye,

Jean

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 09:30:57 AM »
Hi Jean!

I know about the two options, but if this would be the cause, shouldn't I still be able to find the entry with the get-action? I'll check as soon I can.

J.

terri

• terrivellmann.tumblr.com
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 09:33:18 AM »
It does say the content = 9 though.
I'd guess the problem is that when you are adding the entries, you are at some point adding it on the same key, so its replacing the previous one.

If the keys are just sequential numbers you might want to use an array instead?

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 01:53:27 PM »
Hi terri!

The keys aren't sequential, the screenshot ist misleading, sorry. Every cube uses its position to name itself, so that each one has a unique name. But there are still situations that lead to two cubes sharing a position (working on it), so maybe it's the problem or part of it, I'll do some testing. Thanks!

I just thought it might be a known problem or something a newbie usually runs into.

J.