playMaker

Author Topic: PlayMaker - Xbox One, PlayStation 4  (Read 5234 times)

Moonwall

• Playmaker Newbie
PlayMaker - Xbox One, PlayStation 4
« on: October 25, 2016, 06:36:29 AM »
Hi guys!
Is it possible to make an Xbox One, or PlayStation 4 game using PlayMaker (for example use input from their controllers)? I have a finished PC game, made using PlayMaker, and I want to port it to those platforms.

Also:
1. Do you know any custom actions libraries made to work with those platforms?
2. I used to use EasySave 2 to save my game progress, but it doesn't work on Xbox, or PlayStation (info from the developer) - do you know any other solution to save PlayMaker attributes on those platforms?

Thank you very much!

Few Steam keys to download my game, enjoy!
9XW78-92JGH-KJ5MM
Q7WQP-JWP5X-8LAW9
ZP4LP-YM28N-RVG9N
0QITW-I78YF-J82EI
4F9R3-DRA5X-W8DRQ

4ppleseed

Re: PlayMaker - Xbox One, PlayStation 4
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 07:07:45 AM »
Yes, totally possible. Playmaker worked fine with my Sony Vita game

Are you a signed up dev for Xbox or Playstation? You just need to go through the program and get testing your game on a dev console/API. There will be some differences from PC/Steam and you'll have to resolve the issues as you go but Unity/Playmaker shouldn't stop you doing this. Best of luck.

I'll check out your game, I used key: 0QITW-I78YF-J82EI

Thanks!

Raknill

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 01:19:13 AM »
Nabbed a demo code, I'll look to give some feedback later. Looks really good!

I'm using SmoothSave for Playmaker myself, but I'm not sure if that works with Xbox/Playstation. Just throwing that out there; I'll shoot an email to the dev and report back with what he says.

rodocs2

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 09:08:15 PM »
ZP4LP-YM28N-RVG9N, hi i took this code. Thankyou very much! Cant belive this was made by 1 person, amazing work.
-ro

mrminico

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 11:39:06 PM »
Just used 9XW78-92JGH-KJ5MM, Your game should be able to port to PS4 and XB1. Unity engine does a real good job at this aside from making any adjustments. I feel that you'll be okay. Lots of games get released including Inside which was made for PC and utilized playmaker and got ported over to PS4.