playMaker

Author Topic: Animation, Animator and Animation Action Question[SOLVED]  (Read 1353 times)

ilovelessons

• Junior Playmaker
Animation, Animator and Animation Action Question[SOLVED]
« on: April 05, 2017, 10:53:51 PM »
Hi,

Before I say any more I want to state I know the difference between an Animation and Controller. The animation is the animation itself and the controller coordinates the animation (I hope I have that right).

Anyway I have a few questions. I basically created a canvas and attached a panel to the canvas and then a 2D sprite to the Panel.  I has created an animation before and wanted an animation to play as the sprite. What I noticed was the following -

1. If I added a component  to the Sprite called Animation and chose the animation the Animation would NOT play.

2. If I added a component to the Sprite called the Animator and chose the controller the animation plays. I attached a pic.

Why should this make a difference? In both instances I just want the animation to play.  I also noticed that if you add an animator controller to a UI image it doesn't play the animation.. why?

Also I am interested in using the playmaker animation actions. I have attached a picture of it to the message. Any tutorials out there that can show me how to use them?  DO these actions work with the Animation itself OR the controller?

Any advice or link to online tutorials for this issue..

Thanks folks
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 02:33:45 AM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Animation, Animator and Animation Action Question
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 01:42:56 AM »
Hi,

Unity really messed up on this big time, I think you are still getting confused between "Animator" and "Animation".

to control regular animation "clips" without an animator Controller, all the "Animation" actions are fine, but if you want to control animation "clips" with the Animator Controller" then you need to use all the "Animator" actions

let me know if that helps.

Bye,

Jean

ilovelessons

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Animation, Animator and Animation Action Question
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 12:03:08 PM »
Hi it did help... and it seems animation is for old projects for new projects it seems you need to use the Animator.

Thanks jean