playMaker

Author Topic: Oculus Touch. Set up buttons in Input manager like Fire1, Fire2, Jump etc  (Read 8504 times)

TeamLiveBadass

• Playmaker Newbie
I'm trying to set up button mapping for my Touch controllers similar to a Xbox controller. Does anyone know how to set them up in the Input manager so I can use the "Get Button Down" action or if there is something I can download from the Ecosystem that will work?

westingtyler

• My Video Game Projects Web Site
Re: Oculus Touch. Set up buttons in Input manager like Fire1, Fire2, Jump etc
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 10:41:23 AM »
I want this desperately, too. Unfortunately there is officially no ETA on official Touch support for Playmaker, and I don't know of anyone working on a plugin or actions for it. Did you ever figure this out?

Being able to do this would drastically change the kind of game I can make.

Mulbin

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 05:24:54 AM »
BUMP!  I really need this fixed too.  Oculus touch uses default joystick buttons in input manager, the same as the xbox buttons.... but "get button down" completely ignores them for some reason.

Anyone found a workaround for this yet?

Mulbin

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 04:24:43 PM »
We have the mapping for the Oculus Touch system, it's pretty much the same as x-box.  The point is Playmaker flat ignores any button presses from touch but responds fine when using an x-box controller.

Mulbin

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 04:26:53 PM »
To clarify as not everyone will be familier "Oculus Touch" is the brand name of the Oculus VR motion controllers pictured above.

None of the buttons seem to work with playmaker despite being tied to standard joystick axis and button numbers.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

have you been able to sort this out? Are these oculus touch buttons mapped via the Unity InputManager? if yes, then it should work, what action exactly are you using to catch these buttons and axis?

Bye,

Jean

Mulbin

• Junior Playmaker
Hi Jean, I've made a really hacky workaround script that activates game objects, I then get playmaker to check if the game objects are active! but I still cant do it within playmaker.

Touch controllers don't use the built in input mapping as they have their own syntax.  They use OVRinput instead of just input.

So for example the Y button on the touch has to be read via OVRInput.Get(OVRInput.RawButton.Y)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

I think you have that available here now: http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=14965.msg69203#msg69203

Bye,

Jean