playMaker

Author Topic: Outline Effect - Custom Playmaker Actions (Free)  (Read 5223 times)

tcmeric

• Beta Group
Outline Effect - Custom Playmaker Actions (Free)
« on: April 19, 2017, 10:01:05 AM »
I have created some free playmaker actions for the store asset Outline Effect (which is also free). This asset allows you to add a outline effect to objects (game objects, text, sprites, etc). It can change color, width, etc. With my playmaker actions you can do things like change colors on the fly (during game time), enable/disable highlight, etc.

You can download the playmaker actions here: https://github.com/dumbgamedev/outlineEffect_Playmaker

You can download the asset here: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/78608

You can watch my tutorial on how to use this asset with or without playmaker here:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 12:36:37 PM by tcmeric »

dudebxl

Re: Outline Effect - Custom Playmaker Actions (Free)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 03:16:42 AM »
Niiice..Are they on the ecosystem?

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 05:23:49 AM »
Hi. They can be downloaded from my github account. Not on the ecosystem.

q21turner

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 03:21:50 PM »
Could you help me out please! I'm having a hard time understanding how to get playmaker actions from Github to Unity! Thanks again

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 01:30:27 AM »
There is a green button on the top right corner. You can download the ZIP file from there. Download the whole zip file. Unzip it. Then, once unzipped, place it into your assets folder within your unity project. Unity will automatically recognize any playmaker actions. They dont need to be in a specific place, but, it helps to keep them in folders for organization.

I noticed you posted on my channel. Sorry I havent had a chance to respond. I have been away (and got the flu) this month. I should be back in action by Nov!  8)

If you need help with any of my actions, etc, people are daily active over in the slack chat group I started: https://invite-playmaker-slack.herokuapp.com

Necka

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 09:47:58 PM »
Hi Tcmeric!

I often watch your tutorials (they're really good, please keep it up ^^)

I'm playing around with Outline effect with Playmaker and ArrayMaker (To get a custom way of highlighting game objects tagged as ennemies with possibility to lock-on on button press: )

I do have an issue with the playmaker actions. Nothing blocking but there are those errors that pop-up (attached to this post)

Do you know why it's like that?

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 11:47:09 PM »
Hi, thanks for watching my channel!  ;D

About the actions, they have updated outline effects on github a few times I think. Ill have a look and see about my actions. Maybe they need a little updating as well. Ill post back here after that is done.