PlayMaker Help & Tips > VR Help

Dont have much hair left trying to figure this out, VR Help Please

(1/4) > >>

beowulfkaine:
I'm new to playmaker and not much of a coder (the reason why I'm using PLaymaker)  I bought the SteamVR playmaker asset but I've been having trouble for weeks trying to figure it out.

This is all I want to do:

I want to make a light switch. I want either controller to be able to do it and I would like for it to store either a variable or a boole (if its on or off and possible a value for other things) a simple on or off with a sound.

Can anyone help me? I'm at my wits end, ELI5 please.

tcmeric:
Keep that hair!  ;D

I wrote a playmaker VRTK script for you. It gets the angle of the lever into a float, which you can then do a float compare on.

Ill make a tutorial video for you. Ill post it here once its done. Ill see if I can get it done today.

tcmeric:
Here is a tutorial on working with levers in VRTK and Playmaker: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4V6-sjPBh8
It is very step by step.

This is the custom action needed to make it work: https://github.com/dumbgamedev/VRTK_Playmaker3x/blob/master/Interactions/Grab/GetLeverAngle.cs

beowulfkaine:
THANK YOU! YOU ARE THE 9TH INCARNATION OF THE BUDDHA!

beowulfkaine:
I have another question,, so everything is working out great! I'm wondering what it would take to allow a button to only work when an object is held? Also, I was using your VTK Playmaker scripts and noticed the only way to attach these to objects is to select either left or right? Am I missing it where I can have whichever controller picks it up?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version