playMaker

Author Topic: Update Playmaker's GUI for best Unity UX (user experience)?  (Read 2061 times)

Kwiknip

• Playmaker Newbie
Update Playmaker's GUI for best Unity UX (user experience)?
« on: March 31, 2017, 05:07:17 PM »
Hello Playmaker Team,

Is it possible to have Playmaker draw its GUI/FSM's like Unity Mecanim or Behavior Designer for example?

I really prefer the native look of the mecanim and BD interface.  The current Playmaker GUI/FSM feels out of place, old, dated and cheap when compared to the look of other visual scripting tools on the market; but I love how its visual scripting works it just needs an awesome face lift to fully complete the Unity UX(sorry no offense intended).

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Update Playmaker's GUI for best Unity UX (user experience)?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 01:56:01 AM »
Hi,

I don't think anything is planed on that regards, and Yes, a facelift would be great, but we have two schools within your members, some even requested to go back to plain flat colored state background. I am also in favor of simple interface so that it doesn't get in the way of the thinking process, while I marvel at designers able to combine both nice and fancy effective productive visuals, I looked at archimatrix for example the other day, and woa the visual interface is amazing. nice shadows under the wiring with depth effects, etc etc.

Bye,

Jean