playMaker

Author Topic: PlayMaker Builds to Mac/Win/Linux but not tvOS: 999+ Errors[SOLVED]  (Read 5081 times)

Xander Davis

• Playmaker Newbie
Hello,

I installed PlayMaker into my project and it successfully builds to Mac/Win/Linux but not to tvOS.  I checked and the Scripting Symbols are innately defined:
PLAYMAKER;PLAYMAKER_1_8;PLAYMAKER_1_8_4;PLAYMAKER_1_8_OR_NEWER

I'm running Unity 5.6.1p1 on macOS 10.12.4 and the latest version of PlayMaker.

The errors seem to be for every single script like this:

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/Array/ArrayTransferValue.cs(55,24): error CS0115: `HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.ArrayTransferValue.OnEnter()' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

or

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/Array/GetFsmArray.cs(23,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmString' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

PlayMaker functions correctly without error in the Editor (even after switching to tvOS) and in the Mac/Win/Linux build.  It just won't build to tvOS, throwing errors that seems like it can't hook into PlayMaker at all on the tvOS building process only.

Help?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 02:12:12 AM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: PlayMaker Builds to Mac/Win/Linux but not tvOS: 999+ Errors
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 06:28:35 AM »
Hi,

uhm, it seems the dlls are not setup properly.

I'll file a bug report on this. Thanks for spotting this.

Bye,

Jean

Xander Davis

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 10:24:39 AM »
If there's a chance you can patch this, I'm happy to test it for you so I can resume building as soon as possible.  :)

Thanks

automaticoo

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 04:03:21 PM »
Good to hear I am not the only one with this problem.

I just bought the package today and was excited to implement it for my tvOS game and ended up in same problem. I tried downgrading to unity 5.5 but this didn't solve the issue.

Do you have an idea when a patch is due to be released for this issue?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 05:40:19 PM »
Please select the Playmaker dll:
Assets\PlayMaker\Playmaker

And check in the Unity Inspector that the plugin is enabled for tvOS.

I've attached a screenshot to help.

I'm guessing the version of Unity I uploaded from didn't have tvOS installed so this setting didn't transfer properly. Will be fixed in next update...

automaticoo

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 04:32:51 AM »
Thanks that works! Just a checkbox ehh  :)

Xander Davis

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: PlayMaker Builds to Mac/Win/Linux but not tvOS: 999+ Errors[SOLVED]
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 01:04:15 AM »
It works for me for tvOS too.  Thanks.

I'm also targeting WebGL so I thought I'd check that too.  I got the same issue-- it wouldn't build and spit this error:

error CS1704: An assembly with the same name `PlayMaker' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly
Assets/Plugins/PlayMaker/WebGL/PlayMaker.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
Assets/Plugins/PlayMaker/PlayMaker.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)

Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warnings

Yet I unchecked it and tried again and it built, with PlayMaker working in the WebGL build.

So everything else needs to be checked EXCEPT WebGL if you're building to WebGL?  That's weird...  Is PlayMaker natively WebGL then or... ?  Why have the checkbox?

Can you show us what's going on here?

More to the point-- why aren't all platforms innately supported to avoid exactly this problem fiddling with checkboxes and DLLs (apart from mentioning that this was configured wrong in this version as a bug and will be fixed in the next update)?

Thanks for your help :)  I'm mainly glad I can now get it to build on my current targets.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Re: PlayMaker Builds to Mac/Win/Linux but not tvOS: 999+ Errors[SOLVED]
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 04:13:25 AM »
Hi,

Dll setup for each platform is a Unity feature and unfortunatly PlayMaker dll are no exception in how Unity handles platforms and dlls.

Bye,

Jean