playMaker

Author Topic: photon [help]  (Read 2408 times)

Ofonna

photon [help]
« on: May 24, 2017, 02:34:15 AM »
heyy guys, so i've been on photon for over 24 hours and i'm finally getting a hang of it however there's an issue i just noticed, whenever i restart level to load game it works fine but as soon as i leave the room and reload my menu, photon remains in PHOTON / CONNECTING STATE, it somehow loses connection and refuses to reconnect. i would appreciate any help while i'm still trying to solve this issue

demo scene error down below

other error ( Reconnect() failed. Can only connect while in state 'Disconnected'. Current state: Connecting )
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 05:23:00 AM by Carmichael »

Phuzz

• Bzilla Games
Re: photon [help]
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 05:19:01 AM »
Maybe you should Call for Join Room again after restarting the level.
Bzilla Games "Education with a Tickle!"
Qbucket Games "Voxel Games"

Ofonna

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 12:38:46 PM »
some how i can't join the lobby without setting join auto join lobby to true and without joining lobby, i can't join a room because it brings a masterclient error.
 secondly one of the demo scenes work but after i leave room about 4 consecutive times it stops

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 05:11:02 AM »
Hi,

Is the demo made in PlayMaker works?

What are your Photon Server settings? It's likely you need to change them.

you must set AutoJoinLobby to true if you expect connection to connect to user to the lobby, that's how Photon Works, you can set it in the server settings or viy the dedicated action before you connect. So the question is do you want to join the lobby or do you want to join the masterServer?

Bye,

Jean

Ofonna

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 02:10:24 PM »
hi jean thanks for the reply, i didn't get the notification, i believe whoever created a room automatically is the master client and is controlling the master server right?, in that case i'm trying to join the master server, my main issue is that photon no longer connects whenever i leave room and reload scene, which also happens in the demo scene after several tries,
e.g i create a random room - load scene - leave game - at this point photon no longer connects. the image of my server settings and set up is down below. thanks

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 07:49:13 AM »
Hi,

try to change server settings hosting type  from Cloud to Best region and check if it works better.

Bye,

Jean