playMaker

Author Topic: Games don't work after build?  (Read 1235 times)

stevecash83

• Playmaker Newbie
Games don't work after build?
« on: June 14, 2017, 03:43:00 AM »
So, I'm on my 5th game using Unity and PLaymaker. Only the first two games were playable in the build version (for PC and MAC). The others have stopped responding to triggers. I just abandoned my 5th game because once built it doesn't work. None of the triggers execute events, although they work perfectly in the editor.

No matter what, it seems like even if I back up my entire project folder and refer to it as a restart point, the games just get corrupted and stop working once built.

Any ideas?

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
Re: Games don't work after build?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 03:57:22 AM »
Hello,
About triggers - I had so that they did not work in a build (but worked in editor), after days of chasing the cause found that in some cases they do not work if they are Created or Instantiated at runtime. Only solution was to put them in the scene in editor. However that is a Unity bug and not related to Playmaker as I did test it with scripted version too. It may be because of different Layer trigger parented to another Layer rigidbody.
For my game I did a workaround by placing those objects with triggers in editor not by runtime and it was ok for my requirements. If this is a no solution for your game, maybe can try other Unity versions.
I did not investigate it further as the workaround works for me for now.
Hope this can lead to some clues how to fix your solution.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Games don't work after build?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 04:42:48 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experience 600 :)

It could be also that you are instantiating colliders in a place that is already intersecting other colliders and so yes, you won't get the initial enter event only the exit. The same applies with characters on the floor, ALWAYS put your character slightly above the floor so that at start it simply fall of the collider nicely on the floor.

Bye,

Jean