playMaker

Author Topic: Script error  (Read 2395 times)

Grumpy Git

• Playmaker Newbie
Script error
« on: June 14, 2017, 11:40:14 AM »
I have the following error
Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/iTween/iTweenMoveTo.cs(63,24): error CS0115: `HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.iTweenMoveTo.OnDrawGizmos()' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override
I don't understand this.  Can anyone help please.  Thank you

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Script error
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 02:56:46 AM »
Hi,

uhm. odd indeed. Are you using the Ecosystem?

Bye,

Jean

Bye,

Jean

Grumpy Git

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 04:45:46 AM »
Hi. I have the Ecosystem loaded but haven't used it. This is my first attempt to use Playmaker and I'm working my way through a book called No Code Video Game Development Using Unity and Playmaker. The script is part of the resources that come with the book. The author, Mike Kelley, invites readers to contact him with queries, but he doesn't give any means of making contact which is why I have posted my request for help on this forum.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 06:33:17 AM »
Hi,

can you send me the link of the resource? I'll try it out.

you likely need to update PlayMaker, but now that you have an error, you need to do this manually by importing from the asset store and then import the package inside your assets/PlayMaker/Editor/installs/

Bye,

Jean

Grumpy Git

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 10:21:30 AM »
Hi Jean

The link I followed is from here:

Download course materials from http://nickelcitypixels.com/ noCodeBook/dlc.zip and unzip the contents to a folder named section3Assets (this folder must be located outside of your section3 Project folder, and if possible, locate it on a partition other than the one in which your OS is installed).

The script is in the section 3 folder and is named above.

Thank you for your offer of help, I'm very grateful

Mike

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 08:58:07 AM »
Hi,

ok, so two ways to go about this.

one, you either download the copy of Unity that the author used at the time ( it should be mentionned somewhere in the book), and all will be well

else:

-you need to reimported PlayMaker after you import the section
- it will not go fully, you may have to restart Unity, and let Unity finish the recompilation
- then you will have to import the latest version of the Ecosystem ( that version is not compatible with the latest Unity)

then you'll be fine :) and you will be able to play the scenes from this package.

Bye,

Jean

Grumpy Git

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 07:18:21 AM »
Hi Jean
I've followed your advice, and started again using Unity 4 which was the version used in the book. As you said it would that has solved the problem. Thank you for your help

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 07:20:35 AM »
Hi,

yes, it's better like that, I think the author is unable to put more time to upgrade the content unfortunatly, so stick with the Unity 4 version to go through the book, all you'll learn will be application for Unity 5 with very minor details that have evolved both for PlayMaker and Unity, don't hesitate to ping me if you have a problem.

Bye,

Jean