playMaker

Author Topic: Get Tag of collided gameObject  (Read 1848 times)

gamedivision

Get Tag of collided gameObject
« on: June 23, 2017, 07:58:31 AM »
instead of creating a send event for every single tag if collide with this tag then do this, id rather the collider grabs the tag of the collided object and then does something that way id only need one send event
do we have anything like that i cant seem to find it

thank you

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
Re: Get Tag of collided gameObject
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 09:10:43 AM »
Could you explain it a bit better or post an example? I mean i see what you're getting at, is Game Object Tag Switch not working out for you?
Available for Playmaker work

gamedivision

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 11:49:33 AM »
i have 10 static gamObjects within a scene, as i drag an object with my mouse over those 10 objects i would like the object im dragging to detect the name of that gameObject using the collider attached, rather than 10 trigger events in the draggable object detecting each tag individually
so instead of 10 trigger statements, i only have one storing the name of the gameObject it has collided with

Ofonna

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 02:00:19 PM »
hi, you could leave the tag and set the trigger to untagged, in the same action store the collider and then in another fsm get the tag of the stored object and perform the task you wish to perform
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 09:54:21 PM by Carmichael »

gamedivision

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 05:58:28 AM »
it's funny that some of the most obvious things are staring right in your face and you don't see them thank you