playMaker

Author Topic: PlaymakerGlobals causing problems with iOS build. [SOLVED]  (Read 2611 times)

LAB618

• Playmaker Newbie
PlaymakerGlobals causing problems with iOS build. [SOLVED]
« on: June 20, 2017, 07:34:36 AM »
Hello,

My current project has various items with triggers on and use 'Trigger Enter' as a global event. These work fine in the Unity editor but no longer work when I build the project to iOS. Because the main scene wasn't working I created a simple test scene within the same project and this also failed. I then built a test scene in a new project and it worked on build.

After three days of debugging I've found that the culprit is the PlaymakerGlobals.asset. When I remove it from my project the triggers work fine, but when it's there they don't. I've attached a picture of how I have the event set up as a global. I take it having it set up as an event that appears above the state rather than below automatically makes it a global event because the global check box next to it in the events list is greyed out. Also when I look at events included in the PlaymakerGlobals.asset file Trigger Enter doesn't appear.

Is this a bug? If not, can anyone help me fix it.

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 07:41:13 PM by LAB618 »

LAB618

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: PlaymakerGlobals causing problems with iOS build.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 11:02:23 AM »
I've done a bit more testing and the same thing happens with other System Events. In my test scene I tried it with Collision Enter and Level Loaded, and both fail in the build when the PlayMakerGlobals.asset is present in my project. They work when it isn't.

So it seems like the Globals file is somehow preventing the System Events from being complied into the iOS build.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 11:53:07 AM »
Hi,
I will pm a link to this topic to Alex.

Meanwhile maybe you can send a bug report, you can find it under playmaker/tools
when you do, add a link to this topic.

LAB618

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 12:05:41 PM »
Excellent. Bug report sent.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 12:13:04 PM by LAB618 »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 03:13:32 AM »
Hi,

Uhm, that would explain the problem another forum member had, I'll check right now if I can repro this and let you know.

Thanks for taking the time to debug this, we appreciate this very much indeed!

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 05:22:37 AM »
Hi,

ok, I confirm that the current beta solved this problem, so hopefully it will make it to the asset store very soon.

Bye,

Jean