playMaker

Author Topic: PlayMaker Fails to Set NavMesh Destination on Apple TV (Works in Editor)[SOLVED]  (Read 4060 times)

Xander Davis

• Playmaker Newbie
While it works perfectly in the editor, I get the following error from Xcode debug when my AI is trying to set its destination on its NavMesh Actor.

(The way I'm trying to set it is dragging the Nav Mesh Actor component from the Actor itself into the State)

ArgumentException: Set Method not found for 'destination'
  at System.Reflection.MonoProperty.SetValue (System.Object obj, System.Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] index, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HutongGames.PlayMaker.ReflectionUtils.SetMemberValue (System.Reflection.MemberInfo member, System.Object target, System.Object value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmProperty.SetValue () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.UpdateState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: currently not available on il2cpp Line: -1)

Please advise?  Help?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 02:12:38 AM by jeanfabre »

Xander Davis

• Playmaker Newbie
After spending 6 hours trying to figure this out, I realized I can't set the destination by dragging the Nav Mesh Agent into the State.  Instead, I used the Set Agent Destination action from the Path Finding package and it worked.

What is super confusing about this obvious fix is how it worked in the editor-- which is why it didn't occur to me that it's literally not even part of PlayMaker yet without the additional actions.

6 hours... wtf...

At least it works now...

tcmeric

• Beta Group
Hi, sorry that you had such a frustrating time. I can relate. My understanding is that some devices don't directly using get/set drag. However, this can be overcome with the linker wizard. Have a look at this thread here and see the video: http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=11126.0

Currently the ecosystem is being updated, so you can not likely download it that way, however maybe djaydino might have a direct link for us.

tcmeric

• Beta Group
My bad, its already there.

Go the playmaker tab at the top of unity, then Addons > Tools > Linker Wizard

amoraleite

• Playmaker Newbie
• Hey thank you very much for guide me to the Ecosystem! This is awesome thing!
• And thank you for the tip about Set NavMesh, save my time!  :)

RuchiDhirAbout

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Ruchi Dhir
Nice post, thanks for this!