playMaker

Author Topic: iOS Game Controller Questions  (Read 4867 times)

serenefox

• Serenefox Games
iOS Game Controller Questions
« on: September 24, 2015, 06:29:16 PM »
I have a couple of questions about the iOS game controller support if anyone knows the answers.

1.a. If I use the playmaker iOS controller package does it conflict with any android controller features? For instance if I import the iOS controller support package and then move over to port the game to android after, do the actions cause any conflict or can I leave them in there?

1.b. Is the package supported in Unity 5?

2. (not playmaker related but I thought I'd ask)If I support the game controllers, I would be only able to support the extended controller because of the twin joysticks. Would apple allow support of extended controllers only compared to supporting standard as well? From what I have seen the standard versions don't have two joysticks and my game requires two.

Thanks!
Most Recent Published Games:
Juicy Theater - Android

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: iOS Game Controller Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 07:22:15 AM »
Hi,

I don't think so, because the GameController works using the regular Unity Input manager:

The link below shows you how to map unity inputs to match IOS Game controllers.

http://blogs.unity3d.com/2013/10/11/unity-4-2-2-brings-ios-game-controller-support/

Bye,

Jean

serenefox

• Serenefox Games
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 02:51:14 PM »
Thanks for the answer Jean. Thats good to know  :) Now I just have to find the second questions answer.
Most Recent Published Games:
Juicy Theater - Android

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 04:55:01 AM »
Hi,

second questions: no I doubt IOS do this and unity doesn't provide this neither.

Bye,

JEan

play_edu

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 03:17:29 AM »
Hi,

I have Vr Shinecone Bluetooth controller i buy from Amazon.
http://www.shinecon.com/vr-glasses/bluetooth-remote/new-bluetooth-remote-control-with-good-price-s.html#F1

Its Work in Android But It's Not work in IOS

I'm using Unity 2017.1
pm_1.8.5
Try in i phone 5 ,i phone 7 and i pad pro(2017 ) But No luck Pleases Help Or anyone have better suggestion for any Bluetooth  controller that's work in ios. i need for VR in ios.

Best_regards,
Play_edu