PlayMaker Feedback > Action Requests

TriggerEvent - Target Object

(1/8) > >>

MakerPlay:
I need a modified "TriggerEvent.cs" which is able to let me choose my target GameObject. Now i am only able to put the FSM onto an object which has a RigidBody or a Collider Component.

This is really anoying, because i have always to take a look, into my hierarchy and it makes my "overview" of the Playmaker States terrible. So please, if anyone can modify the script to got a option to choose your target GameObject, it would be awesome ! Thanks ...

djaydino:
Hi,
as far as i know this is not possible, it is a unity limitation.
If you would use standard scripts you would need to place them on the object that needs to use a trigger.

What i use regularly is : an fsm on the object with a trigger event' action and then in the next state use a 'send event' action to send a event to a different fsm

Here is a video tutorial about global events and transitions :

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNl7ZEljcdg

djaydino:
Hi,
i have updated the action 'Trigger Event 2' on the ecosystem

with this one you can target a send event, so you can do what i said on my last post with a single action in a single state.

MakerPlay:
Hey,

thank you very much for invest and the respond ! Glad if it works. Will try i later when i am back home.
As you said, it is not possible. I am not sure, because i have other visualScript tools where this behaviour is possible. Therefore i thought it should be possible with Playmaker as well.

djaydino:
Hi,
which tool is that?
I would love to see how they managed to do so.
Maybe there is a way then to implement it in Playmaker also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version