playMaker

Author Topic: Unity 2017.1 & Playmaker[SOLVED]  (Read 5786 times)

gregacuna

Unity 2017.1 & Playmaker[SOLVED]
« on: August 26, 2017, 11:54:41 PM »
I'm testing out Unity 2017.1 mostly because very interested in the "Collaborate," but also would like to have long term project on latest version.

Good news is almost all assets seem to be compatible...BUT...

Playmaker isn't showing up on menu. Have tried updating from v.1.8.4 to 1.8.5...but not getting any install popup. Have tried running the install package in the Install folder...but after import no Install popup and still now menu item.

Is there a trick to getting Playmaker working in 2017?

ALSO...there is another topic about Ecosystem only working in 2017.2...but I'm not finding that version on the Unity site. Can I use Ecosystem with 2017.1?

THANKS!!!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 04:51:32 AM by jeanfabre »

tcmeric

• Beta Group
Re: Unity 2017.1 & Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 11:59:46 PM »
Hi, do you have any console errors? Playmaker has been extensively tested for 2017.1, so there must be something else going in your project that is preventing playmaker from working correctly. Usually it is something like other errors prevent playmaker from compiling.

Did you try opening a fresh new project and installing playmaker?

The ecosystem has been updated and is now working with 2017.1. No need to go to 2017.2, which is still in beta.

gregacuna

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 12:26:26 AM »
Hey...thanks for your fast reply.

I have just one error connected to Photon, but can't see how that could be the problem.

In a clean install downloading newest version from Asset Store inside Unity I get the Installation window and Playmaker shows up as normal.

I guess I could copy the project assets to this new project, but would like to figure out what has gone wrong for two reason: 1) I've already uploaded what is a very large project using Collaborate; 2) I like to know how to solve problems.

Any ideas?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 03:53:11 AM »
Hi,
You might need to install playmaker maunally after importing,
Because there is an error while importing , it will not trigger the installer.

in your project window go to playmaker/editor/install
there you can find the package to install.

gregacuna

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 11:25:01 PM »
Hey Djaydino...that was one of the first things I did, but it still didn't trigger the installer. At the moment I'm copy the assets to the project with the clean playmaker install to see what happens.

If I want to delete Playmaker and then try to reinstall it in the bigger project....

What would I delete?

Thanks!

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 01:11:37 AM »
Hi,
What errors do you have in the console, Playmaker was probably installed but can't run due to the error

to remove you could have a harder time doing so if you have several custom actions.

gregacuna

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 01:35:10 AM »
That's the strange thing...the only errors I'm getting are connected to a single PUN script and look like this:

Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/LoadbalancingPeer.cs(365,63): error CS0104: `Hashtable' is an ambiguous reference between `System.Collections.Hashtable' and `ExitGames.Client.Photon.Hashtable'

That can't be causing Playmaker not to start, could it?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 03:36:56 AM »
Hi,
If you want i can have a look using colaborate

gregacuna

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 04:15:20 AM »
djaydino...thanks for the offer...but the project is huge (almost 4 gb). I have it almost setup by copying the assets to a project with a clean install of Playmaker. May just go that route, but will probably play around with it more since I just like to understand what could have possibly gone wrong.

Cheers,
Greg

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2017, 02:31:08 AM »
Hi,

I would try a fresh project with just PUN make it work and then bring PlayMaker, then you'll narrow your issue better.

Bye,

Jean

gregacuna

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2017, 06:01:14 AM »
Hey Jean & djaydino...was going to post today to let you know I was able to get it to work though still some troubles...like Ecosystem isn't working. Still in case it might be helpful to others the main process to get it done was like this:

1) New Unity 2017 project.
2) Import/Install Playmaker.
3) Closed project then copied all asset except folders: Photon Unity Networking and PlayMaker PUN.
4) Opened project waited until all assets were properly imported.
5) Imported latest Photon Unity Networking from Asset Store.
6) Imported PUN Playmaker actions.

Once that was done even earlier error about LoadbalancingPeer.cs disappeared and project seems to be working fine.

Never figured out why Playmaker disappeared or couldn't get the installer to run, but project is working so I'm happy.

Thanks for all your help.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2017, 12:36:26 PM »
Hi,
i'm happy you got it to work :)
if things don't work it can be frustrating sometimes.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2017, 02:56:37 AM »
Hi,

The problem with Unity 2017 is that it's a new iteration and it come with few issues unfortunatly, one of which seems to be that that some assets don't get imported properly, yet flagged as such and so Unity just thinks it's fine, yet you would really need to run the api updater, the only solution is what you did, just keep shaking Unity until all files are properly imported.

I always recommend that on sensitive projects that major versions are always left for toying around, I would wait for 2017.2 or even 2017.3 really, and meanwhile simply make copies of your project and see how it behaves with the latest version of Unity and move your way up like that.

Bye,

Jean

gregacuna

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2017, 03:14:16 AM »
OFF TOPIC: How do I submit for your showcase our "Acting Kindly" game/app which has been done using Playmaker and is now our on Android and iOS???

Hey Jean,

You read my mind. Unity 2017 has done several strange things as I've been testing out the project so last night decided to stick with 5.6 until more updates come out for both the core editor and some of my other assets.

As always really appreciate the tremendous support.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Re: Unity 2017.1 & Playmaker[SOLVED]
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2017, 05:10:35 AM »
Hi,

To submit games simply make an entry in the user show case section : http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?board=10.0

You can get in touch with Alex Chouls  as well directly.

Bye,

Jean