playMaker

Author Topic: Text labels in world space [SOLVED]  (Read 1393 times)

misterlee

• Playmaker Newbie
Text labels in world space [SOLVED]
« on: October 01, 2017, 12:57:22 PM »
I have objects in my game that have text labels that show up when the player is near. Some of them can be carried around so they move position in the world. I've got the text labels to follow the objects using World To Screen Point, and that seems to work fine. However, I am now using a different camera in some areas of the level, so it's not 'Main Camera' anymore, and the text labels don't work. They only show up on the 'Main Camera'.

I tried using another method than World To Screen Point, as I saw suggested on these forums, and tried using 'GUI Layout Begin Area Follow Object' but that gives the same result - it works only for Main Camera.

So the question is - how can I make text labels follow objects in the world and not be restricted to only using 'Main Camera'?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 09:50:52 PM by djaydino »

misterlee

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Text labels in world space
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 01:10:15 PM »
Well it looks like I solved my own problem! I just discovered the 'set main camera' action, and... it sets the new camera as the 'main camera' (who'd have thought!) and it works. So thanks me for the solution!  ;D

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 09:50:35 PM »
Hi,
Thanks for replying your own solution  ;D

misterlee

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 05:50:55 AM »
Hi,
Thanks for replying your own solution  ;D

You're welcome! I thought about deleting the question, but then if someone else has the same issue they might find this useful.