playMaker

Author Topic: Dialogue Manager help  (Read 1294 times)

dshad44

• Junior Playmaker
Dialogue Manager help
« on: October 17, 2017, 08:57:48 PM »
Well, I've been trying to use Dialogue Manager to do a simple NPC chat at the start of the game.

Does anyone have any idea how to start a dialogue, get through the chat, and at the end of the conversation, have the game start? The only videos I've seen online are for NPC that you have to approach in 3D space (like Skyrim).

I just want some dialogue between the NPC and the main character OnStart, and at the end of the dialogue, for the game to initialize.  I can get the dialogue to start OnStart, but don't know how to transition from chatting, to the game itself.

Any info that points me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Dialogue Manager help
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 05:51:29 PM »
Hi,
I never used this yet so i just looked quickly on youtube,
instead of using a trigger you can.

i think you can set the 'start conversation' in a start state or i a state with a global transition on it so you can trigger it with a send event.

dshad44

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 06:31:59 PM »
Ok, I will experiment with this. Ending the conversation and starting the game is quite difficult. The game starts when the conversation is still happening so I need to find a way to send an event from the conversation to the game somehow.

Thanks for the advice! I'll keep you posted.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 04:38:50 AM »
Hi,
On the fsms that should not start yet, make a new state and set as start.

then on the old start position set a global transition and call it (for example) 'Start Game' make sure the transition is set to global.

after end conversation send a global event 'Start Game'