playMaker

Author Topic: Photon/Playmaker - Newly joined people can't see past instantiated objects  (Read 1647 times)

RealSuperSandLG

• Playmaker Newbie
I'm very new to photon, and have created a quick game just to test it out, but when a new person joins my room past instantiated objects aren't even made into the scene. This is most likely a simple question, but for some reason i haven't been able to find anything online.

RealSuperSandLG

• Playmaker Newbie
So, i finally found out how to fix it. i dont really understand why, but i fixed it by making sure my prefab of the player has a "dont destroy on load" action used on it, which fixed it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 05:43:42 PM by RealSuperSandLG »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

a Networked GameObject doesn't survive Scene loading, these are two separate features, so yes you need to handle network gameobjects destroy behavior if you want them to survice level loading.

Check out https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/pun/current/tutorials/pun-basics-tutorial/player-instantiation

Even if you don't code, I suggest you read it as it will explain how to instantiate networked gameobject in the context of multi scene loading while in the same room.

Bye,

Jean

RealSuperSandLG

• Playmaker Newbie
ok, will do. thanks