PlayMaker Help & Tips > PlayMaker Help

Have to restart Unity to make some playmaker stuff work as it should

(1/4) > >>

szomaza:
This is quite worrying and I am pretty sure I wasn't doing anything wrong as both cases are so simple:

I was working on a uGUI and I made the FSM template work properly on one button and then copied over the
- playmaker uGUI component proxy (was set to target Use Owner)
- and the template FSM to other 3 similar buttons
and tested it and found the bug that when I pressed one of the buttons another one was also pressed at the same time. Restarted several times with same result.
I was like ??? this should just work, what could be wrong? The buttons weren't overlapping of course.
I changed the target in the component proxy from Use Owner to the specific game object and it worked well that way.
Restarted Unity and set back the component proxys to target the Use Owner and it all worked perfectly and keeps on working since then.

I am pretty sure it just needed a Unity restart.
Why is this?
How can I know when I need to restart Unity to get such things working properly so I don't waste time debugging stuff that should just work.

Just now I found that the
Convert Formatted String To Float and the Convert String To Float
just does not work.
I looked at the state when it was running and the string value was there, but all the float results were 0.
I tried many different number styles but all resulted in 0 in various float variables and even the simple Convert String To Float was not converting 56.00 to nothing, the resulting float was 0.

Restated Unity and all works, perfectly.

Why is this?
How can I know when I need to restart Unity to get such things working properly so I don't waste time debugging stuff that should just work.

Has anybody else experienced such behavior?

Br,
szomaza

szomaza:
:-) And it continues:

I duplicated the scene inside Unity, opened the new one and the string to float conversions don't work again.
Unity restart, and they MAGICALLY work again properly.

I am not doing anything just restarting Unity and that makes the actions in a state work again.

???

Is something getting messed up? Should I reimport all assets?

Br,
szomaza

szomaza:
It's getting funnier. Please see attached image.

Any idea what I should try?

djaydino:
Hi,
What unity / playmaker version are you using.

jeanfabre:
Hi,

using undo isn't a good idea here to get a real idea of what was happening, prefer switching on DebugFlow in the Fsm property and run the fsm then pause and step back, you'll have the real values.

This is likely a mess with your logic system and something is setting these variables either from another fsm or via a flow of states and transition you did not expect. I never had this issue.

If you can repro this consistently with clearly defined steps, pm me with the projects and I'll repro locally and see what it could be.

bye,

Jean

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version