playMaker

Author Topic: trigger MegaWave (MegaFiers)?[SOLVED]  (Read 4248 times)

Headtrip

• Playmaker Newbie
trigger MegaWave (MegaFiers)?[SOLVED]
« on: October 28, 2013, 02:19:13 AM »
Hello,
Can anyone please help me get "megwave" working with playmaker, its part of megafiers.  Ideally I want the waving to animate when I push on an axis, maybe using the axis event?  It looks great when I move my character around using the modifier, problem is it auto starts and not when I move. I'm already using an FSM that triggers animations  using an axis event.
Also want to use it with button presses for squash and stretches during jumps... 
Ive searched for info on how to integrate megafiers, but cant seem to get it.

Thanks!!! I would be so grateful for any help, I'm a noob at playmaker
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 01:15:42 AM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: trigger MegaWave (MegaFiers)?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 08:53:23 AM »
Hi,

can you provide a description of what you want to control in megawave? what property exactly?

bye,

Jean

Headtrip

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 09:39:10 AM »
I would like to control when the megawave modifier animates or doesn't.   I have a wave distortion that bends my snake really well, into a snake motion. I want to trigger that animation distortion when I move or any other effect on a button press or key.  A way of animating the snake character using the sine wave effect.
(attached)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-U4lplo_7EIc/Um5orVUExDI/AAAAAAAAAGc/-I2TqObzWcI/s1600/Fiers.jpg

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 02:32:30 AM »
Hi,

Have you tried using the "set property" action, by simply dragging that component onto the state action stack and PlayMaker will let you Get or Set a public property of that component,

bye,

Jean

Headtrip

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 05:30:45 PM »
Ohh no, i haven't tried that. i will tonight!
Thanks!

Headtrip

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 01:07:58 AM »
Ohh no, i haven't tried that. i will tonight!
Thanks!

Thats amazing! it works of course, playmaker is so great.
  I set the MegaWave modifier on the player mesh with the correct settings, with animate turned on.  Then in my FSM for that mesh, I used the action "Set property" like you said. I assigned my player mesh to the target object. That triggered a bunch of new megafiers properties in the property pulldown. I used "amp" that allows me to turn it on/off.  awesome.   Thanks!