PlayMaker Help & Tips > PlayMaker Help

Creating a spring-loaded launching mechanic in 3D, ala Angry Birds

<< < (2/2)

frogwise:
Brilliant, tcmeric! I followed you video and used your actions. I was able to modify the information to fit my needs, but I still need to do some work regarding the "spring loaded" pull-back mechanic to launch the projectile.

Question - I'd like to give my projectile a drag value of 1, so that it doesn't roll infinitely when it lands. However, when I set the rigidbody drag value to 1 and the Projectile Path Prediction 3D linear drag value to 1, I no long hit my "target" object. I get about halfway. This is obvious, since now the object has some drag and will not make it to the target. How can I get around this?

frogwise:
I solved this, whether correctly or not, by leaving the DRAG at 0 until I collide with the ground, at which point I then set the DRAG to 1.

Thoughts?

frogwise:
Hey tcmeric,

So I have had some success with your methods, but I am finding it difficult to place a reticule marker on the location that my projectile will land.

The reason for this is that I am using a "pull back" mechanic to launch a projectile like a sling shot. So I use the Direction Between Game Objects of the SLINGSHOT and my MOUSE POSITION, and then that direction is used INVERSELY to add a FORCE to the projectile. This means that I am not using a VECTOR POSITION to launch my projectile to, but a VECTOR DIRECTION to apply force to it.

My problem is that I cannot place a visual object at the location the projectile will land (green dot in image) because I do not have that location, just a direction in which the projectile is flying.

frogwise:
Oh, I should mention - the slingshot is able to move around the world (it does not just stay at 0,0,0)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version