playMaker

Author Topic: Cannot debug into Sub-state Machine  (Read 1644 times)

ComputerNerd

• Playmaker Newbie
Cannot debug into Sub-state Machine
« on: December 03, 2017, 09:46:58 PM »
Unity: 2017.1.1
Playmaker: 1.8.5

Hi,

I am trying, and failing, to find a way to debug into a Sub-state machine. I have a simple FSM structured as follows:

- The FSM is a Template with currently only one object using it. I click on Edit while the game is running.

- So far so good. The template loads and accurately shows what state I am in. I am in the Player Control state. This state is running a sub state machine using Run FSM.

- However,  I want to view the sub state machine under this. I click on "show" in Run FSM, and it shows the sub state machine for a split second before kicking me out and showing this error.

As a result I am unable to go into the sub state machine and debug it.

For reference, here is the state machine I am trying to debug into:

I can edit it fine, but I can't debug into it :(

Thank you for your help!

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Cannot debug into Sub-state Machine
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 10:46:22 PM »
This could be a bug, I'll try to repro here. On your end please try un-checking Lock to see if that makes a difference.

ComputerNerd

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 01:29:49 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply Alex.

I tried unlocking, the issue is still there.

ComputerNerd

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 03:00:38 PM »
I have found out what is kicking me out of the Sub-state machine debugger.  It is when any Game Object in the scene becomes enabled or disabled. Does not matter if the Game Object is related to the FSM or not - enabling/disabling any GO will kick me out.

I can submit a test project to replicate this issue if needed.  I submitted a bug report under case number 1718_jllbhe2bf7q44kgl.

This issue makes debugging an active game very difficult and the in-game debugger useless. I have game objects becoming enabled or disabled all the time. Triggers are an example.

Thank you,
Brian