playMaker

Author Topic: Photon demo work - reload scence  (Read 1726 times)

Krillan87

• Beta Group
Photon demo work - reload scence
« on: December 12, 2017, 04:12:12 AM »
Hi,

I have a stupid question. I've been working with photon for a couple of months now and I slowly learning as I go along.

I've read the documentation on everything in the demoworker but there is still one fundamental thing I do not understand. In this fsm (https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W864) we reload the scene as soon as the connection state changes. (If someone create a room or join a room, if I understand is correctly)

I can not really understand WHY we do this. Why is that so important? Is it because the scenes between the different players should be in sync?

Right now I do not use this mechanic and my game seems to work "fine". However, I've noticed a issue that gameObjects that move in the scene (like elevators) are not in sync because I do not want to sync them over the network, just want the scenes to load exact the same time instead.

How do people manage that? What happens if one computer is a lot faster in loading then another?

bye,
Christian

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Photon demo work - reload scence
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 06:30:47 AM »
Hi
I have not worked with photon yet, but maybe you can sync one time when all players are ready.

and re-sync if a player went off-screen and came back to the game screen (if needed)

Krillan87

• Beta Group
Re: Photon demo work - reload scence
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 06:39:35 AM »
Hi
I have not worked with photon yet, but maybe you can sync one time when all players are ready.

and re-sync if a player went off-screen and came back to the game screen (if needed)

Hi,

Yeah I think that I'm gonna check for when everyone is in the scene and then send a RPC and reload the scene for everyone