playMaker

Author Topic: Some Global Events fail to send [SOLVED]  (Read 1915 times)

jasperPT

• I am a VFX Animator teaching myself to make games
Some Global Events fail to send [SOLVED]
« on: December 08, 2017, 05:54:44 AM »
Hi

I am having a very odd issue that I can not pin down.

In a quite specific situation a lot of my global events are just not firing off.
I can not figure out what is actually causing it from scripts but it only happens when I do a specific thing:

If I play a specific game mode in my game (daily level)
Then I go to play another specific game mode (multiplayer) my global events fail to send.

If I instead go from Daily Mode to a regular single player match it somehow fixes the problem.

It seems like something in my playmaker setup is causing the issue but I can not pin it down.

For a bit more information I seem to get this error in the console:

FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format
System.Int32.Parse (System.String s) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Int32.cs:629)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.ConvertStringToInt.DoConvertStringToInt () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/ConvertStringToInt.cs:46)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.ConvertStringToInt.OnEnter () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/ConvertStringToInt.cs:33)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.ActivateActions (Int32 startIndex) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:199)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.OnEnter () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:169)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.EnterState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2670)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.SwitchState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState toState) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2628)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.UpdateStateChanges () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2556)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.DoTransition (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmTransition transition, Boolean isGlobal) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2595)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.ProcessEvent (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmEvent fsmEvent, HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmEventData eventData) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2178)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.BroadcastEvent (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmEvent fsmEvent, Boolean excludeSelf) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2434)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.Event (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmEventTarget eventTarget, HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmEvent fsmEvent) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2315)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.SendEvent.OnEnter () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/SendEvent.cs:42)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.ActivateActions (Int32 startIndex) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:199)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.OnEnter () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:169)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.EnterState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2670)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.SwitchState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState toState) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2628)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.UpdateStateChanges () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2556)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.UpdateState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2686)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.Update () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:1920)
PlayMakerFSM.Update () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMakerFSM.cs:532)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 08:44:28 PM by djaydino »

saneinsylum

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Some Global Events fail to send
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 06:15:57 AM »
Without access to this FSM, here is what comes to mind:
Are the daily and multi sending the same events?
Looking at FSMs during run time, are the current events stuck on an event they shouldn't be?
Are there any FSM errors in your stringtoint events?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 08:35:32 AM »
Hi,
From the error i can see that 'convert string to int' has an issue.
So the string somehow has data that is not an int value (for example 13a, a123, /124, '1234", 12.11)
Anything included in the string that is not a whole number will give this error.
so if you are using build string or string split, its probably there that some thing goes wrong.

Try testing with some breakpoints and also look to the string variable that supposed to be converted to an int.

jasperPT

• I am a VFX Animator teaching myself to make games
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 06:47:21 PM »
Thanks so much?, yeh o think it was the string to not causing this. I fixed two cases where this was retiring and it seems to have fixed the problem.