playMaker

Author Topic: Triggers not working in Builds but working in Editor, a check list ? [SOLVED]  (Read 1840 times)

t4d

• Junior Playmaker
HI this has happened before ( maybe 3 or 4 years ago ) but can't remember the fix

searching the forum seem to happen alot .. so is there a clear List of thing i need to check to get my builds working

everything is working in  my project EXCEPT all the triggers when the player steps into a Collider

I have a FSM on the item and should change a Bool Value when the system event TRIGGER ENTER  is hit

works in Editor but nothing when i make a build .. end of the project and a pulling my hair out since on about 5 cm from the end...

I've replaced the player motion controller built a PM controller
deleted and re-added the TRIGGER ENTER event to the FMS
Set the tag of the player to Player
Changed the API compatibility Level .Net 2.0  ( Not .Net subset )

please any advice would be great

« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 10:38:53 PM by t4d »

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
I had this and it was a Unity bug, because I tried with scripted set up also without Playmaker. Took days of research and head banging ;D
All I managed to track was that children as Triggers in different layers from parent object, that also have own colliders was ignoring trigger events on builds. Also there was problems when I create trigger object at runtime.

Test to separate them as root objects without parenting.
If you have a trigger created at runtime, instead try to put in the scene and activate it.

Hope you find the cause and the fix.

t4d

• Junior Playmaker
found the issues some of the colliders were touching scene geo  resized moved the colliders fixed the issues for me.

odd that is worked in the editor but didn't in the build  ???

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Thanks for letting us know!