PlayMaker Help & Tips > PlayMaker Help

Updating to newest version crashes Unity

(1/1)

Disastercake:
After updating and importing to the latest Playmaker I am immediately receiving a crash with no errors from Unity (other than the send bug report).  Then, loading Unity back up and then trying to play my scene will crash Unity.

There are no errors in the console or in the Playmaker log.

Any idea what could be conflicting?  What is the proper way to update?  I just let it overwrite the files already in my project.

Alex Chouls:
You should be able to just import updates - not sure what went wrong in this case.

Can you submit a bug report: Main Menu > PlayMaker > Submit Bug Report

This will include some extra info that will help us track down the problem.

You could try shutting down Unity, deleting the Temp directory in your project folder, and restarting Unity. Also try rebooting your machine...

If you want, you can zip the whole project and send it to me (alex@hutonggames.com) and I'll take a look at it...

Disastercake:
I've sent you the project.  Please let me know when you get a chance to look at it. =D

I'll continue working with the old version in the meantime.

dasbin:
Yes, this also happens to me every time I try to update (and has been this way for every version since I purchased Playmaker about 6 months ago). I recently build a brand new system and reformated, and it still does it, and with any project at all, even a blank or example project.

It's not a huge deal though because I always just "reimport" the Playmaker folder and it works fine after that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version