playMaker

Author Topic: playmaker FSM play out of order on iOS [SOLVED]  (Read 3455 times)

itszander

• Playmaker Newbie
playmaker FSM play out of order on iOS [SOLVED]
« on: October 01, 2012, 10:09:28 AM »
Hi there,
i'm using playmaker and i've come across a serious problem that I can't fix. I'm now beginning to assume that this is a bug within your system, although it could be operator error.

Long story short---I created a series of playmaker actions for a tutorial flow in my game. This worked fine on PC. I then tried to deploy to iOS and realized that I had forgotten to include any touch events. Other FSM systems that i've used before assume that a mousedown is the same as a touch event.

Anyhow, so I go back into my flows, add an initial touch event to the idle states for any buttons, then try to build to iOS.  What I get at this point is that my FSMs all fire at different points in time. After the first button  click, almost all subsequent fsms activate, fire an animation, all that the same time.

I've tried to debug this.  My last hope now is that i'm reinstalling my copy of Playmaker and seeing if this does anything.

Any help would be immensely appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 11:42:14 PM by Alex Chouls »

dasbin

• Junior Playmaker
Re: playmaker FSM play out of order on iOS
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 09:26:38 PM »
I don't totally understand the problem you're having, as this sounds like expected behaviour and not a bug. If you add a an "on touch" conditional event to multiple FSM's and they are all idling waiting for it, of course they will all trigger upon the touch.

Or do you mean to say States instead of FSM's? In other words, we are talking about multiple states firing one after another within a single FSM, after a single touch event?

In that case, this would again be expected behaviour (the user is still touching in the <1ms time it takes to step to the next state, so the next touch action fires immediately). You would simple need to add a state that waits for a "finger up" before progressing to the next.

Anyhow, so I go back into my flows, add an initial touch event to the idle states for any buttons, then try to build to iOS.  What I get at this point is that my FSMs all fire at different points in time. After the first button  click, almost all subsequent fsms activate, fire an animation, all that the same time.

I've tried to debug this.  My last hope now is that i'm reinstalling my copy of Playmaker and seeing if this does anything.

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: playmaker FSM play out of order on iOS
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 11:41:54 PM »
Realized this was solved in another thread:
http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=2366.msg10548#msg10548

Basically if you want to filter touch by object, you have to use Touch Object Event instead of Touch Event (which detects a touch anywhere).