PlayMaker Feedback > Feature Requests

Reset bool option on standard get next actions

(1/2) > >>

djaydino:
Hi.
It would be nice if there is a reset bool option on all the standard 'get next' action as i noticed that this is useful in many cases.

jeanfabre:
Hi,

yes, I agree, I'll check with Alex if he's ok for this to be added. The problem is it's complex to explain, but indeed I think necessary for completness in possibilities.

Bye,

Jean

tcmeric:
Not sure what this is. Can you give an example?

djaydino:
Hi.
@tcmeric

for example a get next action will loop from 0-9 but then you only want to loop it until a certain object is found (object was for example on index 4)

Later you want to loop again from the start, if there is no reset option the action will continue from it last position which means (in the example) it will not start from 0 but it will start from index 5 (continue from its last know index)

With a reset option the action will check if reset is true before continuing.
If false it will continue like looping.
If true it will Start back from the 'start index' and set the reset bool to false.

You can see the difference on 'ArrayGetNext2' on the ecosystem.

There are many cases that you do not want to loop thru the whole array list (or other lists like 'Get Next Child')

Marc Saubion:
Good point. Also an auto array lenght on array get next. It would avoid aving to get the array lenght an create a variable just for that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version