playMaker

Author Topic: Solution for "Mouse through UI problem" ![SOLVED]  (Read 1714 times)

Practical

• Playmaker Newbie
Solution for "Mouse through UI problem" ![SOLVED]
« on: February 04, 2018, 01:23:31 PM »
Just want to share the solution - If you have box colliders in your scene, and then when you pause Game, your mouse is still able to react on colliders behind the UI and through the UI - here is the SOLUTION.
Go to your Menu Manager (or some other first  in hierarchy UI controller, where you states the ESC key execution order. Then just cut his states connections from in to out and then connect it back after you put "Enable Collider Multi" actions(one toggled ON for enable and copy-paste other one toggle OFF for disable) inside. (green an red on my pic).
In the multi fields of "Enable Collider Multi" action state - drag and drop your "problematic" objects one by one.
RESULT: On ESC key your Game Menu enters the screen and your "mouse live objects" are disabled (not the mouse himself  ;) ) until you ESC key return to game.
Of course my scene had only 20 objects, but anyway, it`s a simple solution, no wondering around).

I hope I helped someone having a same problem  :)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 04:30:39 AM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Solution for "Mouse through UI problem" !
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 04:30:28 AM »
Hi,

Cool, thanks for sharing!

Bye,

Jean