playMaker

Author Topic: Assertion failed. Unity issue or Playmaker?  (Read 5816 times)

Krillan87

• Beta Group
Assertion failed. Unity issue or Playmaker?
« on: February 06, 2018, 06:08:22 AM »
Hi,

I just posted this question in the unity forums and I realize that maybe this si a Playmaker issue? The error is also pointing to some playmaker-files.

I had a 2 week break with my developing and out of nowhere I get this new error when I try to instantiate a gameobject.
I use photon and there is a RPC call that instantiate a Fireball on the other local clients. The object is never created and I get the following error:

Assertion failed: System is already interested in this transform, SetSystemInterested may only be called once.
UnityEngine.Object:Instantiate(GameObject, Vector3, Quaternion)

Assertion failed: If the system is getting enabled, then it can't have any previous changes registered
UnityEngine.Object:Instantiate(GameObject, Vector3, Quaternion)

Assertion failed: System is not interested in this transform, SetSystemInterested may only be called on transforms that are set interested.

I'v been googling around to even understand what this means without any luck. I only found on other guy with the same issue but did not understand how he solved it nor what caused it.

anyone have any clue?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Assertion failed. Unity issue or Playmaker?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 05:04:04 AM »
Hi,

Can you paste the link where you found a similar issue?

Have you reported it to Unity?

What version of Unity, photon and playmaker? and what is the build platform target?

Bye,

Jean

Krillan87

• Beta Group
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 05:25:15 AM »
Hi,

Can you paste the link where you found a similar issue?

Have you reported it to Unity?

What version of Unity, photon and playmaker? and what is the build platform target?

Bye,

Jean

Hi,

1. Here is the link to the same issue: https://forum.unity.com/threads/errors-in-unity2017-1-0f3.482881/

2. I have not reported it because I do not know if it's a bug. But I have posted in the forum and in their "answers sections". Sadly I have very bad experience with getting any answers there, it feels like its a very inactive forum.

3. Unity: 2017.2.0b6 (the most recent stable version).
    Playmaker: I think I have version 1.8.5 but it is confusing to tell. (see image)
    Platform : PC

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 03:57:17 AM »
Hi,

Apparently it was solved right? two render components on the same GameObject?

Bye,

Jean

Krillan87

• Beta Group
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 08:09:21 AM »
Hi,

Apparently it was solved right? two render components on the same GameObject?

Bye,

Jean

Well it seems not to be the exact same issue just the same error message. Do not have 2 render components on my gameobject. If I disable the Sphere collider on the object then Playmaker at least creates the object (but sadly can't collide with anything).

It is really frustrating when something works perfect forever and then, from nowhere it suddenly just don't work. I have not even opened Unity for like 2 weeks and now this.

I updated everything, reimported the assets but still same issue. Maybe it has something to do with the particles on the object or something. Maybe I should enable the colliders on the particles and use them as hit detection, but that seems very hard and unnecessary way of doing it.

Krillan87

• Beta Group
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 05:33:39 AM »
Anyone have a clue? Does anyone at least understand what the error means? Right now I have no clue how to proceed

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 01:43:31 AM »
Hi,

I never encountered this unfortunatly, I would raise a ticket with Unity to make sure you maximize the chance to get a resolution.

try this:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/bug-reported-with-unity-5-6-0b1-executing-instantiate-with-a-ui-input-field-in-scene.447267/

could be that you have put non UI stuff inside the Canvas like a regular Sprite.

Bye,

Jean

Krillan87

• Beta Group
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 04:45:08 AM »
Hi,

I never encountered this unfortunatly, I would raise a ticket with Unity to make sure you maximize the chance to get a resolution.

try this:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/bug-reported-with-unity-5-6-0b1-executing-instantiate-with-a-ui-input-field-in-scene.447267/

could be that you have put non UI stuff inside the Canvas like a regular Sprite.

Bye,

Jean

Thanks for trying to help Jean. It's been like 3-4 weeks now and no one has answered in the forum nor on the ticket.

I saw now that I do not get the error anymore but the issue remains. (The console does not write anything but the issue still remains. So maybe it is a issue with playmaker anyway?)

Here is a vid:
https://ChristianE.tinytake.com/sf/MjM3MjgxNl83MjIyMzky

As I wrote before. If I remove the capsule collider on the gameobject. Right now I use a collider + rigidbody and a "collision event" so track the collision of the fireball and different object. Could that be an issue?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 01:07:23 AM »
Hi,

Have you raised a ticket to Unity as well? these kind of warnings needs to be clearer and point to what transform exactly is the trouble, etc etc. So it's always good to bubble these issues up to Unity official support.

You need to cut down the issue to its minimal repro state, and work it out as to what exactly is it that you add or remove that makes the issue dissapear or appear.

Are you mixing Canvas objects and world objects together?

Bye,

Jean