playMaker

Author Topic: ios / ipad / Iphone Touch Control a Character  (Read 5706 times)

REPORTER

• Playmaker Newbie
  • You never ask any easy questions do you! :)
ios / ipad / Iphone Touch Control a Character
« on: March 28, 2018, 04:15:28 PM »
Hi, I´m new to Playmaker -

I´m developing an (2D) app for ios / Ipad / Iphone - i like to move a character (2D) with my finger (run, jump,walk etc.) - any idea / help  to do it with playmaker?

Thanks Volker

skipadu

• Playmaker Newbie
  • Learning continuously
    • serialkamikaze.itch.io
Re: ios / ipad / Iphone Touch Control a Character
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 04:24:37 PM »
What kind of movement you had in mind? With swiping?

If so, you can use Swipe Gesture Event -action.

Then you send different events based on the swipe direction. Wired it up as you want, e.g swipe up and your character jumps and so on.

REPORTER

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 12:14:02 AM »
Hi , thanks for the answer . I would like to move the 2d character with the finger forward, backwards (ie to the left or right) (the character should then change from the idle status to the running status) as well as jump upwards. So practically the arrow control on the keyboard transferred to the finger movement. In addition, when the character comes to a certain point in the game, an action should happen eg. The character meets an object. Then, for example, an info should automatically appear what it is, etc. And last but not least, I want to avoid the character's various objects falling from the sky, when hit, it must start again from the starting point. And the "dodge" etc, again via the finger control on the ipad / iphone :). I have Adventure Creator, there it is described, but I wanted to try it with playmaker and wonder if it is possible.

Volker

skipadu

• Playmaker Newbie
  • Learning continuously
    • serialkamikaze.itch.io
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 01:36:03 AM »
To behave like arrow keys, I might myself use buttons on the UI and then wire them with Playmaker actions.

There are many tutorials available how to use UI buttons to send Playmaker actions, this is one example Maybe that will get you started with controls.

You described the whole game there and you should find it easy to do when you get into Playmaker and Unity. It is hard to tell every step here on forums.

Maybe watch some tutorials from following channels on YouTube:

There you should find awesome tutorials from various ways of doing what you want and more.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 03:05:44 AM »
Hi.
There is also a sample file for a onscreen joystick on the Ecosystem
if you would like a onscreen controller :)
(Search for Ugui Joystick)

REPORTER

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 03:41:36 AM »
Thank you for the answer - the game has a little more action - so "hotspots" - but I will ask myself piece by piece in this great forum :) What I would like in this game / app,, that you touch the figure with your finger and then moves the character forward , the status should then change from idle to walk etc or clicks on a spot and the figure moves there(as well status should then change from idle to walk.). I've already made an app with "Fungus", "Good Nightl kids" a goodnight app drag and drop (Apple App Store)  etc. With Fungus its work fine, now I want to try it with Playmaker - we'll see :)

skipadu

• Playmaker Newbie
  • Learning continuously
    • serialkamikaze.itch.io
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 08:36:11 AM »
Hi.
Was interested about the joystick so I tried that. But the sample has multiple errors. One was deprecated when using applicationUrl and another was missing action TranslateAdvanced.
But when trying to get that TranslateAdvanced from EcoSystem, it showed that it already be into my project. Redownloading of the action did not help.

REPORTER

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 09:01:40 AM »
Hi ,
so does anyone has a solution how to control a character (2D) with playmaker on an ipad or iphone? or is there an alternative program to playmaker  to make this possible?

Thanks Volker

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 09:31:40 AM »
Hi.

for simple touch you can check out this video :

Its a bit old video but touch still works the same way.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 09:43:52 AM »
Hi.
Was interested about the joystick so I tried that. But the sample has multiple errors. One was deprecated when using applicationUrl and another was missing action TranslateAdvanced.
But when trying to get that TranslateAdvanced from EcoSystem, it showed that it already be into my project. Redownloading of the action did not help.

Hi,

I'll check the applicationOpenUrl, I need to update it yes.

As for the TranslateAdvanced, I think you might have had this action before getting this sample right? the package is fine, I tested it, so it's likely a trouble with guid from Unity. I would try to force things up, maybe deleted TranslateAdvanced and getting the joystick package again.

Let me know how it goes, else have the sampes on dedicated projects.

Bye,

Jean

skipadu

• Playmaker Newbie
  • Learning continuously
    • serialkamikaze.itch.io
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 02:03:09 PM »
Hi,

I'll check the applicationOpenUrl, I need to update it yes.

As for the TranslateAdvanced, I think you might have had this action before getting this sample right? the package is fine, I tested it, so it's likely a trouble with guid from Unity. I would try to force things up, maybe deleted TranslateAdvanced and getting the joystick package again.

Let me know how it goes, else have the sampes on dedicated projects.

Bye,

Jean

I tried to delete TranslateAdvanced and removed the joystick package. Then getting the joystick package. Was still complaining.

But then I made whole new project and started with only Playmaker and Ecosystem and then I could see the working sample (just modified a little so that I could get rid of applicationOpenUrl -error). All good now, thanks  ;)

REPORTER

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2018, 02:09:11 PM »
Hi
what did you modify (can you show it, what you did please) ? & is it a way what I´m searching for?

Thanks Volker

skipadu

• Playmaker Newbie
  • Learning continuously
    • serialkamikaze.itch.io
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2018, 02:13:31 AM »
Hi
what did you modify (can you show it, what you did please) ? & is it a way what I´m searching for?

Thanks Volker
My fix was not a real fix, but I did remove the ApplicationOpenUrl script and the "Forum"-button that was using it in the joystick example scene. So then I could get the example running without compile error.