PlayMaker Feedback > Feature Requests

Workflow using templates

(1/1)

Stuksgens:
Hello developers.

sorry my English =p

I have a suggestion that can help in the playmaker workflow.

One thing I love about the playmaker is his ease in creating scripts that would take hours in a matter of minutes. So congratulations on that. And a tool that I really like in the playmaker is the template. However in many cases, it fails a lot. A problem recently that I even had to ask the forum, is a way to be able to change the name of a FSM Template at runtime. This would be very useful in many cases.
Another suggestion would be, for example, when using a template with a predefined name, already automatically the playmaker put the name of the template in the FSM.

Example: or use the send event for a FSM in a template. I can not send any transition. Because when you refer to an FSM template, the actions look for the FSM name and not the fsm template name.
So it would be interesting to see these features natively in the playmaker.

Thank you so much for supporting the playmaker for so long. And I hope the playmaker will persist for a long time still, helping both min, and many, create better and better games.

jeanfabre:
Hi,

I think I replied to your fsm renaming thread, there are options for this.

I am not sure I understand your case with the fsm Name vs template name. Can you show a concrete example so that we can discuss this?

Playmaker is here to stay, don't worry :) It's been steaming since day one basically and I don't see what would really affect its on going development. Even if Unity would come up with its own visual programming, it would be different than PlayMaker. We saw that with Bolt, which is a very nice and powerful solution: it was hyped at first, but then faded from the top list, even if the assetStore clearly pushed for its adoption. But still, it's not PlayMaker with its unique blend of open scripts for its actions and Finite State Machine engine and so I think there will be a market for PlayMaker always, just because it's a unique take on visual scripting. Its currently the number one paid asset in terms of rating ( 3060 ratings, the only asset above is the free Unity standard asset at 3182)

Bye,

Jean

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version