playMaker

Author Topic: ArrayGet not... getting [SOLVED]  (Read 1488 times)

Pyremind

• Playmaker Newbie
ArrayGet not... getting [SOLVED]
« on: April 05, 2018, 09:29:13 AM »
I'm going through a tutorial series and am stuck on this ArrayGet problem. I'm not the most fluent in the language of playmaker but I've included an image that I hope has the relevant info.

Basically I have a hashtable with information that is filling out correctly, and the Array is drawing from that how I would expect, but when I go to ArrayGet in my state machine I can't get it to store anything in the string variable, which I want to spit out into my UI. What am I missing?

« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 04:35:39 PM by Pyremind »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: ArrayGet not... getting
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 10:23:52 AM »
Hi

yes, you need to use HashTableGet Action instead. ArrayListxxx actions work for ArrayList Proxy and Hashtablexxx works for Hashtable Proxy.

Let me know if you keep struggling with this.

Bye,

Jean

Pyremind

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 05:29:55 PM »
Okay, maybe I'm going about this the wrong way, but I believe I'm trying to use ArrayGet on an Array proxy, not  hash table. The Array proxy is being fed by the hash table, and I'm then referencing the Array proxy called "keys". Is that not what my images show though?

Pyremind

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 04:34:58 PM »
Ah, the UIUpdate global transition was not updating per frame (the tutorial had me use that) - and that's why it wasn't getting. When I added a loop state the Arrayget worked.