PlayMaker Help & Tips > VR Help

[VIVE]-First approcach and questions

(1/2) > >>

Bipolar:
Hi, how are you?
I'm back with a VR simple project, the previous one not in VR had a customizable ambient so it was hard to make for a beginner who should make easy stuff.

Now I'm back with a VR project.

Now, I looked for tutorials, but I want a good tutorial to understand how to do some actions.

First question about VR: moving with the vive's touchpad using it like an analogic stick should cause vomit or sickness?So is it better to make the player moving with teleportation?

Is there a video which show how to make a grab with playmaker using a custom hand mesh?

I died yesterday using UE4... so I moved again on Unity.

I do not pretend you have to post down here "How to".

I tell you what I need, just post a VR tutorial I can follow(with Playmaker obviously).

-Custom Mesh Hand Grab with animations
-Creating a Weapon menu that should freeze\slow the time while using it.
-Hide\Unhide Weapon or change mesh

As you can see these question are about simple stuff, but now that Unreal traumatized me I've lost the logic and I don't know anymore how to combine Playmaker to PlaymakerVR toolkit...

Some helpul tutorial to do this?

Thanks!

tcmeric:
Hi. Well the simple answer to this is that you will need to watch dozens and dozens of tutorials and videos. There is no short cut to making a full game in VR. That being said, why don't you check out some of the VRTK videos and package. It can help you setup some interaction without any real programming.  //www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyFV9oBReqg
As for locomotion, every method has pros and cons. VRTK is free and supports pretty much all of them.

Once you have a handle on the basics of VRTK, you can also download my playmaker actions for VRTK and watch some of my videos. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyRBYRGl9v_byeKxT4GLG_A

Its important to note though, that you should know the basics of VRTK before trying to use any of my actions. They are not a substitute for learning the system, but rather extend them into playmaker.

Regarding VRTK, make sure you use the latest 3.3.0 alpha build from github. https://github.com/thestonefox/VRTK/tree/release/3.3.0-alpha

It has an example scene about rigging/setting up hands.

Bipolar:
Thanks, im going to check it.
Developing with Gamemaker will be harder now I'm introduced the VR?

tcmeric:
I have not used gamemaker myself.

But unity in my opinion is probably the best engine right now for VR. And VRTK is very helpful!

Bipolar:
OPS, SORRY! I wanted to mean PLAYMAKER not GAMEMAKER lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version