playMaker

Author Topic: HoloLens Actions  (Read 1324 times)

stvbabb

• Junior Playmaker
HoloLens Actions
« on: April 20, 2018, 08:07:40 AM »
Hello,

I'm attempting to create a few Actions for the HoloLens to make the design process of apps and experiences a bit easier. The Holo Toolkit already does a great job with this, but I find myself copying and pasting so much c# that it's time to get some great PlayMaker actions out there.

However, I've never written an action before. I'm familiar with c# and scripting, but writing actions is new. I'm currently trying to duplicate a the Holo Toolkit action On Fucus Event.

I understand response might be slow to this, but if anyone has experience with HoloLens development and PlayMaker please let me know. The current Mixed Reality PlayMaker actions in the Unity Asset Store is deprecated and no longer working.

I'm attaching the script I'm trying to duplicate; On Focus Event, and my action which is a bit of a mess.

What I want to do is when the HoloLens cursor finds an object is do a Fsm.Event(sendEvent);

But, I'm not getting too far.

HoloToolKit can be downloaded below if you're interested.

https://github.com/Microsoft/MixedRealityToolkit-Unity

Easiest way to set up a project for HoloLens is once the tool kit is imported into a fresh Unity Project, go to Mixed Reality Toolkit > Configure > Apply Mixed Reality Project Settings

Then, do the same thing for the scene > Apply Mixed Reality Scene Settings.

You don't need a HoloLens to do development or even an emulator, in the game view you can move the camera to simulate head movement with w,s,a,d and shift or space and left mouse click to simulate an air tap gesture.

stvbabb

• Junior Playmaker
Re: HoloLens Actions
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 01:58:47 AM »
Just wanted to give this a quick bump to see if anyone out there could give me any feedback. Thanks! :)