playMaker

Author Topic: Random Quest assignment - can Playmaker do this?  (Read 1156 times)

PsYcHoSiD

• Playmaker Newbie
Random Quest assignment - can Playmaker do this?
« on: May 04, 2018, 11:10:16 AM »
So let’s say I have a multiplayer game (Coop). And I have in the back ground an array of 10 random objectives (quests). Is it possible that when 3 people all log into the level, to assign them one of those quests (presuming you already have the gameplay setup somewhere in the level). As a really simple example, let’s say one quest was just “open a door”, but the trigger wasn’t active until the quest was assigned (if at all). Is this kind of gameplay too complex and should be done in code instead? I’ve had a hard time trying to find “assigning quests” tutorials, specifically in multiplayer.

Zeldag

Re: Random Quest assignment - can Playmaker do this?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 07:14:59 PM »
Seems smple enough to do in general, so shouldnt be too hard to do online.

I mean in single player you could set up an FSM that acts like your quest manager. In there setup the states that each of the 3 quests would need and then make the start state go into the first state of each of the quest's states based on a random int.

Anyway my explanation is way more complex than it actually is haha.

But basically it seems simple to assign quests and if/once you understand enough photon networking and playmaker to make a multilayer game using playmaker, then the networking bit of assigning quests should be easy enough for you.

Good luck with it!