playMaker

Author Topic: AnimatorClipInfo action?  (Read 1629 times)

kepesh

• Playmaker Newbie
AnimatorClipInfo action?
« on: May 10, 2018, 03:18:06 AM »
Hi,

I'm having this issue where the animator sends multiple animation events because I'm using a blend tree. I'm using animation events to play footstep sounds.

More info about this problem: https://forum.unity.com/threads/mecanim-5-blend-tree-animation-event-called-twice.318747/

The solution is to check with the AnimatorClipInfo how blended each clip is and do a check before playing a sound. So that don't play a sound when the clip is only 1% blended.

Anyway, I can't find a playmaker action for this?
https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/AnimationEvent-animatorClipInfo.html

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: AnimatorClipInfo action?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 04:25:39 AM »
Hi,

Can you send me a project with your setup, and I'll create the missing actions for this to work, but before I need a proper case to test and verify it works.

Please pm me, this project can stay private if you have sensitive content.

Bye,

Jean

kepesh

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 09:58:27 AM »
Hi,

It's a huge 13gb project.

But the idea is pretty basic. You should be able to get how blended each animation is in the animator. So if I get an animation event from an animation, I want to check how blended that clip is. So if it's below a certain percent I won't play a footstep sound.

I can explain further if you want me to.

Thanks

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 02:08:29 AM »
Hi,

Can you make a small case? that will help, because most of the time, I'll miss what you actually expect. thanks :) BlendTrees are complex, and so it's important that I can test and verify that I'll be providing exactly what you want.

Bye,

Jean