playMaker

Author Topic: Integration/compatibility  (Read 3338 times)

Tangled Rays

• Playmaker Newbie
Integration/compatibility
« on: May 13, 2018, 03:10:41 PM »
Hi all, is this compatible with Corgi and Behaviour Designer/Quest machine? thanks for any help!

tcmeric

• Beta Group
Re: Integration/compatibility
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 01:46:00 AM »
I dont know about others, but yet there is support for playmaker - behavior designer cross interaction. Basically they can pass variables and events between each other. Support for this is provided by Opsive (Behavior Designer). They have a sample package and actions you can download from their website.

Tangled Rays

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 02:40:09 AM »
Thankyou, I'm seriously considering buying this. I bought Bolt but I just don't know enough about programming yet, that's something I might use later. This looks easier to understand, I'm just worried it's going to cause clashes with my other assets.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 05:17:23 AM »
Hi.
Quest machine does also have playmaker support.

Using playmaker should not give any issues to other assets.

But for examples corgi i believe, does not have actions for Playmaker.
So it is a bit more difficult to work together with playmaker.

There are a few ways that you can work together with other assets/scripts.

For example :
  • You can use the Get/Set Properties actions to Get/Set Variables.
  • Make some custom actions (or request on the forum)
  • Connect to playmaker FSM's from scripts
  • Use some script control actions.

I actually learned C# thanks to Playmaker.

i started in unity and wanted to learn c# but i was hitting big walls and i almost surrendered, then i found playmaker.
After a few months playing around with playmaker i needed some custom actions, so i started to look into the action scripts and started with copy/pasting some stuff.

Later i started to make some actions from scratch.
Now i can code a game completely in c# if i want to (mostly if my clients wants it in c# else i always prefer playmaker as it is way faster to code)
and i can even code for 'unity editor' stuff.

Greetings,
DjayDino

Tangled Rays

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 06:00:27 AM »
Thank you :) I think if the worst comes to the worst I can get Corgi stripped back to being a kinematic root/player controller. My aim is to integrate Behaviour Designer, Dialogue System and Quest Machine with Corgi and Playmaker, to make my ultimate environment that I will work with for years to come. I may also need something like PolyNav and Pooly Pooling System. I will obviously need the help of a programmer, my team is looking for one at the moment, do you have any advice at all? Thanks for any help :)

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 06:19:19 AM »
Hi.
There is a pooler package on the Ecosystem (addon with loads of custom actions/samples) that you could use actually.

You can always post a job offer on the forum.
You can also look in Unity Connect
And as i am a freelancer, you can also send me a mail :D
You can see my portfolio by clicking 'For Hire' below

Tangled Rays

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 07:55:04 AM »
Thank you for offering your services  ;) However we have no cash between us and are working through a site called crowdsourcer.io This is a collaborative project site that shares out the revenue when the game is completed, according to people's contribution score. It's a very fair system but requires people to work out of interest in the project, so I have sent you a message explaining the basics.
Thankyou for the advice/info, I shall get busy! Cheers!