playMaker

Author Topic: Wait Frames[SOLVED]  (Read 5683 times)

4ppleseed

Wait Frames[SOLVED]
« on: October 10, 2014, 07:37:25 AM »
I often use the Wait action for time and Next Frame Event for frames but I'd like to be more specific with frames. Can we have a combination of the two? Wait and then you add a number for how many frames?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 04:55:58 AM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Wait Frames
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 04:26:03 AM »
Hi,

for this, you can use a state set to "sequence" and stack a wait action followed by a number of next frame events and done.

Also, I am sure why you want to have a specific number of frames to count? the general approach is to create gameplay and logic that are frame rate dependant, and the next frame event is here to allow from process to be completed before proceeding further ( because unity only update values at the end of the frame process), and so if you need to wait for several frames, maybe you need to actually wait for a duration instead.

Bye,

Jean

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 03:59:51 AM »
I really would like to have Wait Frames action. Using multiple Next Frame Events is not ideal for many situations and makes logic graphs far more cluttered.

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 05:51:16 AM »
I really would like to have Wait Frames action. Using multiple Next Frame Events is not ideal for many situations and makes logic graphs far more cluttered.
On Ecosystem there are another version of NextFrameEvent:
NextFrameEventAdvance

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 12:00:49 PM »
On Ecosystem there are another version of NextFrameEvent:
NextFrameEventAdvance
Thank you very much!