playMaker

Author Topic: Photon help with animator and objects activation  (Read 1332 times)

IIKII

• Lonely developer
    • Patreon
Photon help with animator and objects activation
« on: June 15, 2018, 07:10:11 AM »
Hi, I am learning to use photon network and is currently facing with these 2 problems.

1. A few of my animator states has no transitions which i think is the reason why these states are not playing. Is there a way to make those states play? or I should ensure that all of them has transition going on?

2. My character is not activating his weapon objects when I press a key. Tried putting a photon view of the weapon but it's not working. How do i solve this?

Support me on Patreon for free adventure games and development insights - https://www.patreon.com/koexstudio

verybinary

• Junior Playmaker
    • The Museum of Digital
Re: Photon help with animator and objects activation
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 03:47:13 PM »
the animator part, the prefab would need to have the transition, and photon would have to send the transition event.

the best way to fix 2 would have to be looking at your gun FSM during runtime. that's probably not moving. look at the FSM that's supposed to be relaying the button to the trigger. Maybe the shoot event is sent to self? or an object that it shouldn't be?

IIKII

• Lonely developer
    • Patreon
Re: Photon help with animator and objects activation
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 01:05:01 AM »
I have found a way to activate/disactivate a object using variables sync but I don't want to run it every frame to check this so i dropped this method.

I tried another method using 'BroadcastFsmEventToPlayer' but gotten weird results.

Can i know if this action is broken?

UPDATED:
'Broadcast to player' action is not working at all, it is not sending anything to any player.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 03:22:26 AM by iikii »
Support me on Patreon for free adventure games and development insights - https://www.patreon.com/koexstudio