playMaker

Author Topic: achievements, in game shop, ads  (Read 6230 times)

verybinary

• Junior Playmaker
    • The Museum of Digital
Re: achievements, in game shop, ads
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2018, 11:58:18 AM »
I started looking into XDA, which used to be a indie/free/knock off but still official/hobbyist thing. Seems like everything has changed since I got in.
That's good news and bad news. The good news is that its already included in Unity. The bad news is that its part of Unity Pro. Your 20 dollar option might not be valid anymore.

http://www.gamefromscratch.com/post/2013/11/05/Microsoft-XNA-for-Xbox-One-is-Unity.aspx

vv3

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2018, 03:18:34 PM »
there is dev without achievements 20 or 99
and there is id@box with achievements but needs aprooval and a process wich is confidential for anyone that wants to do - i dont know / think there are costs
still the integration remains the problem and hopefully it will be easy enough to create manage achievements or iap -- i will see what i can do with the generic achievements and playmaker actions after i know more

GonerGames

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2018, 10:17:13 AM »
Simple IAP works for XBOX as XBOX uses the windows app store for its transactions.
For achievements you could still make them using Playmaker and an array to hold them, with pop up windows, etc.. When you are ready to jump into the Xbox side you can then create a FSM that links the two together. IE. when you earn the achievement in local game side you can fire an event to send it to the xbox side.

Just an option for you. I know it doesn't solve your question, but this would allow to you code in all your achievements, build your game and then look again at assets when you are close to completion. Assets change all the time so something better may come along.

vv3

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2018, 01:13:20 PM »
On simple IAP I was watching too and I noticed it has no achievements but only IAP.
I beleive you say to create a link from simple IAP interface to an achievement interface correct ?

For achievements what it would be best for a simple game ?
To store/restore them locally (from each player files) or to store them on mysql webserver ?

I am thinking as well to try buid some IAP or at least achievements on my own as the assets upgrades all the time. We are also close to 2018.3 so maybe it will be something else exactly as you said by the time i finish my game. When I will get closer to finish I will try push more on the subject.

Thank you for your advices!

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2018, 02:25:51 PM »
Hi.
For the achievements.
An advantage when on a webserver is that if the player reinstalls the game or installs on a new device that the achievements are not gone.

But requires the be online to update to server, and takes a little bit more effort to set up.

so it really depends on your game and it achievements if it is worthy to set up a webserver. 

GonerGames

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2018, 02:32:25 PM »
Sorry,
to clarify SimpleIAP would be for the shop only.
Achievements would have to be done separately.

Thanks

vv3

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2018, 05:40:12 PM »
got it with IAP and achievements, thank you

php and mysql i can do much easier as I have background.
i would exchange json files back and forth with the web server
I read it is faster and better to deserialize the json on the php web server than ding it in xml with C# and sending the xml to mysql server.

... but I didnt find yet any actions doing that

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2018, 09:11:17 AM »
Hi.
There is a package called Datamaker that works with xlm.
But if have a json file you can get the Datamaker_Xml_Json package

Then you need to convert the json to xml and you can use the action to search/get/set/add/remove from the file.

Easy Save is a good asset to use and has good and complete actions.